Graphic Cards System rebooting if G card present

Hi folks,
I've got an NVDIA 7300 xfx (256 RAM) Graphics card which was functioning quite well for over a year. But of late, it's acting up.

My OS( Win XP sp2) completely boots, comes to the desktop and then without warning reboots. This keeps going on and on. I removed my graphics card and put it back again, then the issue goes away for some time.The card is plugged into a PCI-E slot.

This happens atleast twice a day. I have to remove a fit the graphics card back in, then windows boots normally and stays that way.

I've currently removed my graphics card and have plugged the monitor to the motherboard port and all is fine now.

Please advice.

RiO said:
Post your full PC specs, although it does sound like a power related problem.
Ya- what's wrong with people when they ask a query in the air.
What do i do- just in case someone has toaster but thinks it's a comp. :p
How to know what stuff one has.

Does it BSOD and then reboot or plain restart or total shutdown at times??
For how long have you been using the present installation of XP with SP2 and the other platform+VGA drivers?? :)
And maybe disable the onboard VGA before using the PCIE one- though you said you had no issues for an year?? :huh:

^^i am getting a similar problem with a fx5200

if i fresh install xp then it works fine for a few days...

then what happens is that the display goes blank when i install nvidia drivers and the screen blinks due to change of drivers ..though the comp runs fine in vga mode

my remedy was to install xp.... install drivers and not restart the comp for a whole month by using a trusty apc ups :D

try uninstalling the drivers from safe mode and see what happens

dunno y.... :(

clean ur PCs AGP/PCIex slots properly and make sure u seat ur GPU properly in the slot... do d cleaning and let us know what happens next

My full config
===============

AMD athlon 64 bit processor 3200+ 2GHZ
Asus A8V-VM motherboard
Gforce 7300 XFX (256 ram)
512 RAM
Seagate 120+60GB
450 Watts SMPS
windows XP(media center edition)
LG DVDromdrive
LG CD rom drive

All was working fine, but all of a sudden it keeps restarting as a nd when it likes. When i checked CPU temp is 44 degrees and GPU temp is 54 degrees.

And i cleaned the slots....issue still occuring.....

And now the irritating thing happens every few hours or so...happened while i was posting the config....

Back