Audio T.Sonic 630 and ep630 (good and evil) EQ

Hi,
I was grumbling about poor sonic reproduction, no clear stereo separation, Very back laid, voice right on top of your head, less treble in other thread
Now coming to the point how to improve sonic stage coupled with t.sonic

The EQ has the following band 80 Hz, 250Hz, 1 KHz, 4KHz, 12 KHz
my previous setting is 5,4,0,5,6
result:
1. as i described earlier very poor i feel like MONO right dead center of my head

250Hz: responsible for boom with male voice of lower freq
1 KHz: Male and female voice
4 Khz: Upper freq of female + instruments

My Aim is to reduce the mono effect and bring stereo effect by shifting the laid back approach to the side of the ears
There is some serious cons with these frequency band
If you reduce one particular freq. female voice instruments gets affected
No upper freq band 16 KHz

Now the new setting works faaaar better. Try for 3 days and report here:D
+2or+1, -1or-2, -5, +3, +7
Reason:
being 80Hz lowest available in this player it can give some 3D image to the music also suppresses harsh treble
250Hz: Boom Boom nothing else unfortunately male voice color and tone attached to this frequency
1Khz: super attenuated right in middle of head so i have placed far back to get stereo separation. value -5
4Khz: female high pitch and instruments. increasing beyond +3 feels mono
12Khz: value 7. ep630 shy of treble.

Post your values and how it sounds like. After making this change i am really enjoying the music previously the mono like sound was 90:10. Now its like 60:40 still bit center heavy but far better
Note: Always listen atleast 30 min before making any EQ change so you can feel the difference

for an IEM , the sound will always be deep in your head. I actually kept my treble down and pushed up the bass :p

pity my T610 is dead :( , else i would have posted its settings

Whoaaaa...Tons of improvement in the sound stage. Now i can feel the location of the instruments in the sounds space.

Schematic representation of sound stage: Laid back

---------AUDIENCE-------------

***C,CH,B ---(^)---C,CH, B

***********/ ! \

*********/ V+VB \

********I********I

C- Cymbal (High freq instruments)

CH- Chorus

B- Beat (Bass)

V- Voice

VB- vibrating Bass (low frequency)

* -Blank spaces alignment

^ -Face Direction of the listener(you and me wearing ep-630)

as you can see its a laid back type. Imagine you stand in the middle of the stage facing the audience but ahead of the Performer in a close distance. The voice is soo close to you and the low frequency bass also near to you.

So when you increase the VB or vocal and its very close by, you will lose the stereo effect. The other instruments are 45deg behind the head (ie corner of the room) you can feel the distance (sound stage)

Observation: I can easily figure out the sound stage when i lie on the bed and face facing the ceiling. At the sitting position sound stage is not clear. So ep-630 is not fully laid back but the sound stage moves on top of your head.. confusing??:bleh: :huh:

Back