Monitors T.V Tuner card for LCD Moniter

Buy an External tv tuner box where u don't need ur pc to be switched on to watch Tv nor need to install drivers. I suggest u to buy Aver Media Tv Box Genie which would retail at 1500 bucks. See that u have two DVI and Vga ports. where u can connect the PC thro video card by DVI and Tv box thro Vga port. I own this ext. tv box with my dell 24" LCD and its good watching tv.

+1 for external TV tuner card as it doesn't need to switch on your PC if you want to watch TV only. Also, no hassles of drivers,PCI slot malfunction etc.
Go of internal only if your main intention is to record TV programs.

Go for Umax TVSION as it have a VGA out to connect your Monitor.I found the clarity good.It even can take component input@720P though the cable is not provided.You can make a cable on your own.I am using it for my DTH connection

thanx for the reply frnds :D....i am using DVI cable for more picture quality:cool2: ....so i want dvi out put one..nd also i decided to go with external one as u guys sugested..;)

@ganesh_2218: thanx for yor suggestion:) it a nice model but...in the website it says no DVI input nd Output for Aver Media Tv Box Genie!!:huh:

An odd suggestion, but this is what I am using.

TataSky HD. --> HDMI to DVI convertory --> Samsung P2370 Full HD monitor with DVI port

Tata Sky HD cost me 2599 and 150 per month for subscription. And I get to enjoy all the HD channels.

If you have satellite box at home and want an external TV tuner I would suggest that you get the same setup, the quality is superb, 1080p, unmatched by any other external TV tuner in that price range.

You can also go for any other HD box like Aritel, Dish..

otherneo said:
An odd suggestion, but this is what I am using.

TataSky HD. --> HDMI to DVI convertory --> Samsung P2370 Full HD monitor with DVI port

Tata Sky HD cost me 2599 and 150 per month for subscription. And I get to enjoy all the HD channels.

If you have satellite box at home and want an external TV tuner I would suggest that you get the same setup, the quality is superb, 1080p, unmatched by any other external TV tuner in that price range.

You can also go for any other HD box like Aritel, Dish..

sounds interesting.....but will hav 2 replug monter to computer wen we use computer rite?..in external tuner card...>it is connected with both computer and tv..>we dont hav remove nd replug the cable....

kalla_maakri said:
sounds interesting.....but will hav 2 replug monter to computer wen we use computer rite?..in external tuner card...>it is connected with both computer and tv..>we dont hav remove nd replug the cable....
Actually the monitor that I am having has both VGA and DVI connector and the mode selection can be done automatically. So long as i make sure that only one input signal is coming the monitor manages everything

As far as I know, all HD monitors (22' & 24') have both VGA and DVI connectors at least. So the plugging / unplugging problem should not be an issue.

This setup has been tried and tested for HD monitors only, i.e (1920 x 1080). And I am getting 1080i (actually 1079i) display on the monitor

Also when the computer signals go through TV tuner card the signal quality decreases. And then the image quality is hugely different. If is assume that external TV tuner card gives you DVD quality video (640x480), the HD Sat box will give you BlueRay Quality (full hd 1980x1020) that is approximately six times larger. And you will be able to enjoy HD channels :)

So again, if you have HD monitor and satellite connection this combination is the best. Even the remote that you get are of very high quality.

The HDMI to DVI cable cost me Rs 400, from some company called MX.

Let me know if you have any other queries

No, if you have a Monitor with Composite/Component/DVI/HDMI connector, you do not need the TV tuner card, you can just plug in the set top box directly into the monitor :)

Back