Graphic Cards talkin of OC is this OC'ed

Vandal

Skilled
Just noticed the X800XT has a speed of 500/1000, I have an asus card @ home and though I haven't seen it for 6 months now am quite sure it shows 525/1000 core/mem....

I generally do not OC so what's up?? I had installed the latest catylst drv's from asus's website...(ver 8.132) which was the latest when I was back home....

SunnyBoi said:
some cards are Pre OCed..liek BFG's OC series or the latest 7800GTXs....thats normal i guess

But generally Asus is not right??? Card isn't running hot, so will this have any chance of damage longterm or otherwise it has a copper cooler that is different from ATI stock coolers....?? Was also very costly nearly 50K when I bought.....:S
Have played farcry etc on it when back home, looks superb better than the 6800GT...
Nice card....

well, Asus does have pre OCed cards..hehe

7800GTX, 490 core..hehe...check if ur X800XT if pre OCed or not in the Asus site..will spill out the beans

LOL 50k.. Asus need to rethink their pricing immediately. There are equally good brands like MSI ,Gigabyte, Gainward which sell for much less...

Aces170 said:
LOL 50k.. Asus need to rethink their pricing immediately. There are equally good brands like MSI ,Gigabyte, Gainward which sell for much less...

The card has a nice copper cooler and all though.....seriously I could even put that card on my new AMD rig when its finished.....couldn't I?? Should work well....but then I'd have to buy another card for that sys cause the 6800GT is AGP.....And I want to get rid of any 1 rig of mine.....Already my dad is threatening to throw one comp out......He understands 40K comp's for our studio but not 1+ lkh ones for playing games......etc....

Anyways its my mon......so my fun...:bleh:

btw I got the asus card in May 2005, so the pricing was OK i think, around 46K is what I paid.... And I only believe in Asus and MSI.......(maybe gigabyte haven't used their cards yet)..... Rashi guys are real f******* if they cheated me, cause I have bought a lot of stuff from them as they are one of the biggest players in the MP region for h/w IT....

All in all though I must say that I am happier with the quality of display on the ATI card rather than the Nvidia one.....and the asus website also says 500 MHz core so it must be OC'ed then....will check when I get back and report....

Back