Tamilnadu college strike details

ubergeek

Skilled
as we all know in the wake of srilankan attacks the government have closed college's all over tamil nadu for a week.does anyone here any extra information of the reopen date.rumours of college bieng closed till feb 23rd have been looming for quite a while.so if anyone as any legit info on this please do share.

to mods:if u think this thread is inappropriate do the need full :)

its about the strike not about the attacks dont intend to start a debate about it here. its only about the college reopening time thats it

One of my college juniors was hit by a train and she was declared dead yesterday at the hospital. :(

This hpnd when the college authorities declared strike yesterday noon and she was leaving for home. Unfortunately she seems to be the only child. :(

I just don't get it...when Pakis interefer in the J/K business, we cry out loud

and then we cry out loud if our govt does not indulge in the same business in someone else's courtyard..

And frankly, if you burn yourself up (for any cause) , you are nothing more than a sore loser..

And then our college kids make a hero out of a loser... The psyche of this nation is incomprehensible

I heard the college strike is for 3 days.

IMO its total bullcrap. just because a few colelge students and a few institutions with political clout make a big deal of it, why should 55000 engg college students suffer?

BTW regarding that guy who burnt himself.. he was living with his sis near my area it seems.. for his cremation procession, an area of about 6km radius was sealed off/under police monitoring.
totally unnecessary..
@Gunman: sorry to hear that dude :(

ubergeek said:
my sincerest condolences :(

Vince said:
@Gunman: sorry to hear that dude :(

Lets not make this a condolence thread. I could not think of anything else when I stumbled upon the thread. :(

On topic, seems like the strike is for 3 days.

Totally unnecessary IMO. I dont find a reason why the entire college fraternity should shut down for such a cause. Lame. :|

But why is only Tamil Nadu effected so much.............??

I know its bcoz of Tamilians but is there any other reason why other states such as AP or Karnataka(there are hell lot of Tamilians in b'lore) are not feeling any pinch...?

superczar said:
I just don't get it...when Pakis interefer in the J/K business, we cry out loud
and then we cry out loud if our govt does not indulge in the same business in someone else's courtyard..

And frankly, if you burn yourself up (for any cause) , you are nothing more than a sore loser..
And then our college kids make a hero out of a loser... The psyche of this nation is incomprehensible

Very concise summary :hap2:

I'll respect the OP's wishes and leave it at that.

varkey said:
I was wondering why no one posted about this.:p

Was planning to post it that night but figured it wouldn't gather interest. :ashamed:

rumours of college bieng closed till feb 23rd have been looming for quite a while.

Well,we've all been hearing the same thing...

Hope its true !

IMO its total bullcrap. just because a few colelge students and a few institutions with political clout make a big deal of it, why should 55000 engg college students suffer?

Suffer
? :p I'm not complaining :p Holidays for lame reasons are welcome among the student community :D

@gannu

Sorry to hear that man :(

shrey said:

Suffer
? :p I'm not complaining :p Holidays for lame reasons are welcome among the student community :D

Thats my point dude :devil: College students shouldnt be given leave unnecessarily.. :devil:

Since the college authorities asked the students to vacate the hostels etc immediately many outstation students are suffering. They are not able to get tickets to go back home.

I was lucky to get train tickets and Im back home!! :)

Had a discussion with a relative, who is an expert in Indo-Srilanka affairs. The government has declared holiday for colleges as most political parties use the student population to take to the roads to protest. With the current DMK government going again the LTTE openly, there are bound to be clashes between the other political parties, and the police. And more often that not, it means that students will also be hurt, which will again compound the problem.

So according to him, this is basically for student's safety. He predicts that it will be for at least a week, and can go upto 10 days till the tension in the state is diffused.

Also, most colleges are giving an option for other state/nationality students to stay at the hostels. They are asking the local students to vacate though. This is the same case in my college, where 20 of my classmates have been allowed to stay at the hostel, cause they have no where to go on such a short notice.

Checksum said:
Had a discussion with a relative, who is an expert in Indo-Srilanka affairs. The government has declared holiday for colleges as most political parties use the student population to take to the roads to protest. With the current DMK government going again the LTTE openly, there are bound to be clashes between the other political parties, and the police. And more often that not, it means that students will also be hurt, which will again compound the problem.

So according to him, this is basically for student's safety. He predicts that it will be for at least a week, and can go upto 10 days till the tension in the state is diffused.

Also, most colleges are giving an option for other state/nationality students to stay at the hostels. They are asking the local students to vacate though. This is the same case in my college, where 20 of my classmates have been allowed to stay at the hostel, cause they have no where to go on such a short notice.
thanks for the info mate so is the college reopening on feb 23rd a rumour ?

shashank_re said:
But why is only Tamil Nadu effected so much.............??
I know its bcoz of Tamilians but is there any other reason why other states such as AP or Karnataka(there are hell lot of Tamilians in b'lore) are not feeling any pinch...?
Well people in most cities of our country are so blunt that after some days they don't give a crap even if people of our country dies in terror attacks, let alone people dying in other countries. Tamil's on other hand have relatives, friends, etc. in sri lankan tamil population.

Back