Tanishq jeweller good ?

My mom's birthday is falling tomorrow, planning to buy some gifts :D

Just checked Tanishq online store, they had quiet a good range,

But the only headache is that, their 22gm 22k Gold chain cost 75k+, it is worth paying extra ? , are they adding something special to it ? ?

contacted their live support, they said visit store they cant help online, also they quoted live rate of gold as 2784 for 22k which is quiet high.

IS IT REALLY WORTH BUYING SOMETHING FROM THEM ?

Code:
You are now chatting with : Ecomsupport

Ecomsupport
:
Welcome to Titan E-Commerce Online Chat.

Ecomsupport
:
Good Morning! My name is Jyothi how may I assist you?

You
:
Hello Jyothi

You
:
i am really confused

You
:
why your jewellery cost so high :(

You
:
i was planning to buy one for mom's birthday

You
:
but the price seems to be shooting northwards

Ecomsupport
:
May I know would you like to purchase from store or through online?

You
:
even though the price of gold is playing downside these days

You
:
checking model online

You
:
so that can go instore to purchase one

You
:
i had shortlisted this one

You
:
https://titan.co.in/control/product?product_id=510897CBAIAA00_2EC01203&value=true

You
:
but 72k for 22gm that too 22k is just daylight robbery :O

You
:
[:(]

Ecomsupport
:
Please be online while I check for the information.

Ecomsupport
:
Thank you for being online!

Ecomsupport
:
Through online the particular model number chain price Rs: 71259 its a chennai price.

You
:
ok

Ecomsupport
:
As gold rate differs from city to city we are not updated with that information. However,Currently today's online gold rate for 22K is 2724/- per gram.

You
:
i am located in bhilai, chhattisgarh

You
:
can you confirm what rate they might be offering ?

Ecomsupport
:
Alright!

Ecomsupport
:
As gold rate differs from city to city we are not updated with that information. I request you to visit to our Tanishq store for further assistance.

You
:
kk

You
:
also can you confirm

You
:
how much making charge will i have to pay

You
:
?

You
:
http://www.sify.com/finance/gold_rates/

You
:
also here the rate for 22k is listed as 2486 :-w

You
:
[X(]

Ecomsupport
:
We regret you to inform that currently we are not update with those details request you to contact our Tanishq toll free number: 1800-258-2598 for further assistance.

You
:
still

You
:
the gold cost comes 54k for 20gm

You
:
why will i have to shell out extra 20k for it ?

You
:
is that so, you are charging Sridevi brand endorsing fees from us

Ecomsupport
:
We regret you to inform that currently we are not update with the making charges details. I request you to contact our Tanishq toll free number: 1800-258-2598 for further assistance.

Ecomsupport
:
Is there anything else that I may assist you with?

You
:
yeah

Ecomsupport
:
Are we still connected?

You
:
can you do one thing

You
:
can you call 1800-258-2598

You
:
and confirm the making charge

You
:
and update me with the same ?

Ecomsupport
:
Sorry to inform you we don't have the option to call to Tanishq toll free number.

You
:
you might be having a cell phone, you can use it :)

Ecomsupport
:
Sorry to inform you we don't have the option.
You
:
ok
You
:
thx for not helping me
You
:
by by and have a nice day ahead

Being Smart, use your logical sense. And ask the break up of the price. There is the raw gold price (as per the carat), making charge (can be fixed or as per gram), and of course taxes.

Read this:
http://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/price-of-gold-ornament/

I have bought jewellery from them, and it is good, their designs are far better than the local jewellery store. And they Hallmark for purity. You will need to submit your PAN details, since it is all legal. They are one of the best Gold retailers we have out here in New Delhi. You pay a premium for aesthetic and eye-appealing designs, which look nice.

You seriously, trolled the chat-agent. :(

Being Smart, use your logical sense. And ask the break up of the price. There is the raw gold price (as per the carat), making charge (can be fixed or as per gram), and of course taxes.

Read this:
http://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/price-of-gold-ornament/

I have bought jewellery from them, and it is good, their designs are far better than the local jewellery store. And they Hallmark for purity. You will need to submit your PAN details, since it is all legal. They are one of the best Gold retailers we have out here in New Delhi. You pay a premium for aesthetic and eye-appealing designs, which look nice.

You seriously, trolled the chat-agent. :(

Yeah the site did helped alot, but still 75k for 22gm 22k seems little bit high. Shopping from local gold store is that, they might cheat and take my money and runaway :(

I want to give my mom a surprise gift :D :D

Even I have recently purchased from them (in Mumbai).... they provide good quality jewellery....

You can avail some discounts also if you or someone you know is Tata employee.

Even I have recently purchased from them (in Mumbai).... they provide good quality jewellery....

You can avail some discounts also if you or someone you know is Tata employee.

one of my friend is having a Tata car showroom, will it help ??.

Discount will be on making charges, is it possible they charge nil making charges :D

i am ready to pay 10k extra from market price, but 20-25k above from market price is strict no no :(

Yeah the site did helped alot, but still 75k for 22gm 22k seems little bit high. Shopping from local gold store is that, they might cheat and take my money and runaway :(

I want to give my mom a surprise gift :D :D

That is your choice, how you want to pool your risks. It all boils down to the "making charges" which jewelers charge. The bullion rate and the VAT is constant. Some jewelers charge around 250 rupees per gram. Your would work out to: 22gm x 750 = ~RS. 5500. And then if you remove the VAT, the actual gold value might be 60214, with today's rate of 27370/10 gms. My numbers might be quite off, but this is how it works. The shop explains it ALL to you. You got to walk in.

I recenty bought a 14.5 gm gold jewellery for 42K from Ranka Pune. This might give you some rough calculation about gold & making charges.
Gold Price: 2680 per gm
Making: 270 per gm
VAT: 1.1%

one of my friend is having a Tata car showroom, will it help ??.

Discount will be on making charges, is it possible they charge nil making charges :D

i am ready to pay 10k extra from market price, but 20-25k above from market price is strict no no :(
You can ask your friend if he is a Tata employee or not...

Below are the discount details for Tata employees confirmed by the same ecomsupport(minus the trolling):

1. Flat 10% discount on making charges of Gold Plain Jewellery
2. 2.5% Discount on Net Value of Gold Studded Jewellery
3. Discount not applicable on purchase of Gold Coins

is that so, you are charging Sridevi brand endorsing fees from us
We regret you to inform that currently we are not update with the making charges details. I request you to contact our Tanishq toll free number: 1800-258-2598 for further assistance.
Is there anything else that I may assist you with?

You
yeah
can you do one thing
can you call 1800-258-2598
and confirm the making charge
and update me with the same ?

Ecomsupport
Sorry to inform you we don't have the option to call to Tanishq toll free number.

You
you might be having a cell phone, you can use it :)

This is brilliant, my manager was asking me why I was grinning so much.:D:hilarious:

Tanshiq pricing method is : Gold price + making charges (% varies from model to model) + wastage (% varies from model to model) + Taxes
Their online prices are not accurate I think, as I checked one particular model online and purchased the same in shop for lesser price (in chennai).
Local jeweler may or may not give you the exact karate as he mentions. But in tanshiq, you can check the purity there itself (they have karatmeter in every shop to test the purity).

Resale value of Tanishq is told to be poor. Going for 916 hallmark certified gold from any well respected jeweler in your area will be a good idea.

Abeyaar 75k mein kitna gram hai woh batayega bhi? Not once have you mentioned that. This is like I asked the price of a premium sedan, but dont want to pay that much because I know I can get a hatchback for much cheaper.

How old are you again?

Back