Targus Backpack Warranty Card issue

Zinc

Adept
Me and my friend were on a lookout for a laptop backpack and finally decided upon Targus Wanderer TSB114AP.
While I was checking out some other possible options, he ordered the bag from ebay via a power seller (harshcorp05).
I was slightly skeptical about it as the Targus authorized online retailers/resellers list didn't have the name of this seller's company.

Anyway, he got the bag yesterday but the warranty card on the bag looks like this:

DSCN0334%20%28NXPowerLite%29.JPG

-
DSCN0335%20%28NXPowerLite%29.JPG

-
Nothing else is mentioned on it.
I also remember seeing a different type of warranty card for the same bag here

Also the Invoice is a printed one, with no signature and the Invoice No also has been corrected with a pen.

The bag itself looks pretty genuine but who knows.

He has sent a message to the seller but due to the weekend the reply may only come on or after Monday.

Actually, he wants to know the following:

1. If there is a way to find out whether the bag is genuine or not (may be the serial number can be verified somehow)

2. If there is some warranty/RMA issue then will he be able to contact Targus customer care directly?

i have received the same warranty card -- my bag was bought a year back from ahmedabad. there should be a visiting card like targus card - which should give you warranty details and warranty terms. it looks genuine to me.

sunny27 said:
i have received the same warranty card -- my bag was bought a year back from ahmedabad. there should be a visiting card like targus card - which should give you warranty details and warranty terms. it looks genuine to me.

But you had posted the pics of your card earlier in a thread (http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/help-me-find-laptop-bag-following-185332-2.html) and that one's pretty different.

The guy only has the above shown card, exactly as it is shown.

deep16 said:
wats the price buddy??

I think he got it for 2500 shipped.

@sunny27

Did your backpack come sealed (for eg, inside a box or packet)?

Also for warranty issues, are you supposed to go to the dealer or Targus service centre directly?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Alright, here's an update.

My friend emailed the Targus India Customer Care, along with the above pics.
He got a prompt reply from them, saying that the card shown in the pics is indeed a genuine one :)

So, I guess that resolves it for me too.
Will soon get the bag! :hap2:

Back