Laptops Targus RMA Experience

Zinc

Adept
Recently I had a good experience with Targus RMA detailed as under:
Just a few days back my Targus Wanderer backpack got torn at one of the seams.
I don't know how I managed to do that as its pretty well manufactured.

Anyway, I contacted the Targus CC via their helpline and was told to send a mail to Targus.co.in@Targus.com, along with pictures of the damage and a scanned copy of the retail invoice.

I did that in the evening on the same day and the next morning only I had a mail waiting for me in my inbox containing the entire communication between the various personnel approving the RMA.

Through the mail I was directed to Rashi Peripherals, Kolkata (as I had mentioned my present temporary location as Kolkata) and was told to pick up the replacement bag from them.

I was a little skeptical about Rashi as they don't have a very good reputation but I got the new bag without any hassles after showing the guy at Rashi the forwarded mail from Targus (which he hadn't bothered to open from his inbox earlier).

So basically it took only a phone call, a mail and a visit to the service center to get the new replacement bag and all that in a day's work :)

What kind of suggestion are you looking for?

If you mean regarding the price, then I got it for 2.4K from ebay which is actually slightly higher than what some other members on TE have paid (but I wasn't getting a deal and was in a hurry).

As for the bag itself, its pretty sturdy with lots of space, a padded detachable sleeve for the laptop, a rain cover among other things.

You can have a look here (http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/help-me-find-laptop-bag-following-185332-2.html) for pictures of the bag posted by fellow member sunny27.

I got it from harshcorp05.

You can also try contacting sunny27 as he seems to know the local dealer near his place.

I got my bag for Rs.2100 including taxes from the Ebay dealer in Ahmedabad. Picked it up from his shop directly. How did you manage to tear your bag? It seems indestructible! I have used my bag extensively for 2 years now , travelled a lot and put it through the tortures of daily,extremely, rough commuting and didnt even manage to scratch it!

sunny27 said:
How did you manage to tear your bag? It seems indestructible! I have used my bag extensively for 2 years now , travelled a lot and put it through the tortures of daily,extremely, rough commuting and didnt even manage to scratch it!

I don't know how exactly it happened but one thing that I know is that it had something to do with the hazards of Kolkata Metro during rush hour
:mad:

^^^Mine survived the legendary Virar fast local and the kalyan fast local(both second and first class) in mumbai without a scratch. The Calcutta metro doesn't even compare with it! (I know about the Calcutta metro trains - visit the city once every 2 years). Did you set fire to your wanderer bag?

Virar fast local - :facepalm:

Couldn't even squeeze into that train at 10:30 PM and had to catch a taxi to Bhayandar. :|

Glad to see a positive feedback thread posted by the OP. Rarely do folks appreciate positive feedback these days.

@Gannu and Sunny

Thanks for the up about the Virar and Kalyan fast locals.

I have to go to Mumbai later in the year and I don't want another torn bag :p

But going by Sunny's experience, I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Yes, the rain cover is an excellent feature.

Even with the bag fully loaded, it still manages to cover it up fully and looks good as well.

Gannu said:
Virar fast local - :facepalm: Couldn't even squeeze into that train at 10:30 PM and had to catch a taxi to Bhayandar. :| Glad to see a positive feedback thread posted by the OP. Rarely do folks appreciate positive feedback these days.

That local is jammed uptil the very last one :/

Good to know about your nice RMA experience with Targus. I recently got myself a Targus Incognito backpack which seems very well made too. It's my everyday use office bag.

I can only find listings on ebay for 3.25k+shipping atm. Any idea if locating local shops in blore or chennai would be worth the effort? I've been looking for a backpack for a while and haven't really liked any of the models except the Wanderer. I'd be happy to shell out even 2.6k for the black/grey colored 15.4 inch one.

Does anyone know if these sites are reliable;
Targus Wanderer Backpack 15.6"
:: Yepme.com :: Targus Wanderer Backpack 40cm
For sale Targus Wanderer Backpack - Carrying Case/Bag - Targus (Pune, ClubIT.in)

I'd rather buy over ebay/letsbuy but their listings are way expensive :(

I purchased a targus in 2007 for 10$ during a buy.com discount deal. Still works perfectly and doesn't even look old. Targus bags are just absolutely fantastic. Its weird that yours tore off!

Back