TATA Docomo is fraud

suds

Disciple
I work from home mostly so my company gave me TATA Photo 3G dongle. It is worst data card i ever used . Even opening simple website takes few min wait. I thought i'm only having this issue then i looked their reviews.I really wonder if they want to provide the 2G speed why they even bothered to upgrade on the 3G.
Please share your experience with Internet data card/3G Dongles

I thought i will give a call to TATA Docomo customer care then i went the page for the customer care number and it's big joke.

docomo joke.png

depends on the network strength in your area. if you dont have good docomo signal, nothing can fix it.

another factor is time of usage. i rarely used to get more than 60 kbps during day while after midnight i used to get 200 kbps.

@srkmish thanks for response today i will be going to test it tonight again. In the mean time also got the reliance netconnect + dongle it works okay so far :)

@suds

Can't you put a proper wired internet and then your company can pay for the bill (partially or fully)? It will probably be cheaper for them too.

I got the wired internet connection. In my company there is no such alternative available that they will pay for the wired connection. I usually use those data card for backup connectivity because if there is no power, the server providers switch doesn't work and i lose the internet connectivity.

Usually both Tata DoCoMo Photon/ Tata Photon (TDP) as well as Reliance have demo options. Yes their executive will come to the location wherever you are and give you live test. You can take the dongle and play around with it at least an hour, which I atleast did, downloading IDM/Torrents, Remote Desktops/VDI, browsing, Video chats to test whether they give the speed at least something close to what is advertised. Most of the time we cant expect a good speed, or not even close to what is advertised. But a decent 1Mbps is more than what is/was enough for me.

I have used TDP for a year and they have been good. Moved to Reliance cos of the FUP limit on TATA; 10GB sucks big time; while Reliance is offering the same package for 40GB. VDIs take a small beating with Reliance, its quiet slower to connect, dunno why though. Consistency wise speed on TDP was good , but disconnection happens like after every 3 hours or so.

If Reliance is the way you want to go make sure you get the 14.2Mbps dongle, run a test at your place; tell the executive to wait at your place. Run a full test and different location within your premises and see the outcome, run different applications utilising bandwidth and see ans choose what is good enough. Good luck!!

Last edited:
I dont know if you really browsed their site properly?
Anyways if it was the customer care you were looking for.. Here it is for you...

tdpcc.JPG

Also if your not getting what is advertised or not even one fourth of what is told, raise an issue with the customer care, escalate it tell that you not getting any signal and make it a priority basis, they will send a technical person to your site for evaluation, he will also run AxsstelPst tool to check the signal strength and stuff, he will ask you even if your happy about it, if your not satisfied tell him make a note of the same and return the dongle, they are helpful.. I have gone through these steps and I really would vouch for it. I was a satisfied TDP customer, if they had a better FUP, I would have been with them still, but they dont ; so had to look at other options.

Back