TATA Indicom FUP :@

red_devil

Disciple
Well well, we all just got luckier. After AIRTEL introduced its Fair Usage Policy, its now the turn of TATA INDICOM.

TCISL Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP)

The evolving internet broadband scenario in India necessitates the management of limited high-speed bandwidth and network resources in the larger interests of Customers. In line with the practice followed by major international Internet Service Providers and in its continuous endeavor to provide best possible Broadband Internet experience to all its customers, TCISL adopts a Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP) with an intent to ensure that the excessive bandwidth usage by a small segment of customers does not impact service quality for a large set of customers.

TCISL FUP is applicable to all existing and future unlimited plans offered by TCISL unless specifically withdrawn at the discretion of TCISL. Taking into consideration the maximum reasonable usage required by the average user, Tata Indicom Broadband has established a monthly data transfer threshold (Fair Usage Limit) for the various unlimited tariff plans as given below:

2zg6cxz.jpg

Data transfer in excess of Fair Usage Limit as per the applicable tariff plan shall be treated as a violation of TCISL FUP.

Upon such violation of FUP, TCISL shall contact the Customer suggesting for reduction in usage or upgrade to a higher bandwidth plan.

Despite the above, if the customer fails to upgrade to a high speed plan or continue to violate the TCISL FUP, TCISL reserves the right to suspend or terminate the customer’s account immediately without prejudice to other rights available to TCISL under these Terms and Conditions

though the limit on the "unlimited" connection is much better than AIRTEL's, TATA Indicom's terms and conditions say that they reserve the right to SUSPEND account:mad: :mad: :mad:

This $UCKS

SOURCE : Tata Indicom Broadband

it has always been download+uploads....

and I don't know the exact data limit for AIRTEL FUP for all plans... but as for the 256 "unlimited" connection, TATA is better than AIRTEL

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Please note its not 80GB, its 78 GB. What about their time limited plans?
limited plans are already limited...how much more will they limit them !!
and this FUP its only to put a curb on Unlimited connections.

although I detest any capped plans, the caps here seem a lot more sane than the draconian ones on airtel

A quick calculation revealed this

20090305-j2tgxtcbk87jcaa2b9cpw7gixk.jpg

yeah. but they won't cap your connections to 50% speeds. they'll just terminate your account with no refund. that's what happens when you give a free hand to capitalists: exploitation of the end user

TRAI has failed miserably in imposing regulations and its so called laissez faire clause is just an excuse to their helplessness. Someone in the government got moneybags and the average guy is robbed. What a joke broadband has become in this country!

Hm. Seems like they're spoiling for a fight. This is gonna be good.

Edit: I (can) do about 4GB a day, downstream. Considering I count both up and down rate, I run out of bandwidth on day 10. I'm probably disconnecting. For now it looks like switching is the only way out.

Edit 2: I just checked, I'm doing about 200GB/month till Jan. After that, outages reduced my consumption to 64GB in Feb. I think they are metering the connections to ration data anyway, without letting on.

Back