Video Tata Sky - Package Renewal Question - Help Needed.

dissel

Skilled
Hi,

I'm TS HD+ subscriber since April 2011 and since then my current pack is Mega HD Pack which will be ending 5/4/2013 coming Friday. As the TS got no hope in channel addition comparing Airtel/D2h and the GSAT-10 is a failed or fake (whatever) rumor allover the net there is no chance I can see any benefit to invest/commit on a Mega Pack for price protection for entire year and get channel addition for free.

So this time I decided to opt for "Supreme Sports Kids Pack" 280/- per month which contain most sports channel except Ten Pack,English News Pack,English Entertainment Pack.

http://www.tatasky.com/channel-packages.html#cat3

Now here is query, I'm looking for answers;

I want Aljaeera English News (only) which included English News Pack 30/- per month & Discovery Turbo (only) which included in the English Entertainment Pack 55/- per month.

Can I opt above mentioned 2 channel without subscribing the two add-on packs ? Is there anyway ?

Any input will be appreciated guys..... Help Me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply agantuk,
Currently A-LA-CARTE tab is completely empty due to Mega Pack, hope the listing shows up after 5th april.

One more que, my current pack duration shows : - Paid Upto 5th April 2013

That mean it will cover the whole day of 5th april.....right ?

My experience in My Tatasky dot com :-

As my package subscription status said "Paid upto 5-Apr-2013" but in real they ended this at 4-Apr-2013 after 11.59 p.m and start charging me on daily basis for Mega HD pack. On slight deplete of my a/c balance notice around midnight of 5/4, I head over mytatasky portal and click the change pack button and my package changed to Mega HD Pack to Supreme Sports Kids Pack and with 5-10 mins it reflect at my STB.

Now when I try to choose 2 free regional packs it stuck forever, and web portal display this message "Sorry your request could not be processed, As your previous order hasn't been processed yet"

but in real it already done,

after a couple of logout - login and tried again,

then the web portal display

"Sorry your order could not be processed, you already ordered the selected package"

In that point two free regional packs which is Bengali/Odia Pack & Hindi Pack not shows up in my STB, I can't access those channels

Same goes to HD Access fees as well as A-LA-Carte Channel Al-Jazeera channel, I can't order those channel because my previous order still not process yet (which did) despite of the sufficient a/c balance.

I transfer balance of 2185/- at 1/4 which is in total 2234/-( with previous 15/- bonus and current 15/-) at the time of View/Modify package.

As I found mytatasky dot com looks so nice and easy to add/drop/change package but in real life it is not so effective as it suppose to be.

----------------------------
In the morining

The problem is taken care off imediatly after I open a chat session with TS representative in the chat window, though there they ask the same question two times before they react like

"Sir do you want me to add 2 regional free packs which Bengali/Odia & Hindi Pack for you ?"

Me: Yes

Again the Same question....

In this way I add HD access fees for 6 months and Al-Jazeera from A-La-Carte monthly basis.

As the Al-Jazeera is not by default include in my package they asked question 4 times......

First two times they inform me that it is not available for you Sir, Yes I know

Same again, Yes I know

"Sir do you want me to........." , Yes please do, I have sufficient balance to continue.....

Then again, Yes Please do........

Thats all......

you could have just sms'd the number on the screen through your registered mobile number to get the channel in minutes. i do this always to add or drop channels. you get rs.2 added to account if you add channel through sms. one thing is they say 30 days minimum subscription, but i counted 31 days. happened to me many times. ex. i added fox movies on 20th feb. then 30 days would be 20th march. but it didn't allow me to drop channel even on 21st march and told to send sms after completion of 30 days. quite weird. finally channel got dropped on 23rd i think.

you could have just sms'd the number on the screen through your registered mobile number to get the channel in minutes. i do this always to add or drop channels. you get rs.2 added to account if you add channel through sms. one thing is they say 30 days minimum subscription, but i counted 31 days. happened to me many times. ex. i added fox movies on 20th feb. then 30 days would be 20th march. but it didn't allow me to drop channel even on 21st march and told to send sms after completion of 30 days. quite weird. finally channel got dropped on 23rd i think.

Yes. Ain't it obvious mate?

February had 28 days.

You used it for 9 days in Feb including the 20th.

So you tried discontinuing the channel on the 30th day, and therefore it didn't work. You have to use it for 30 days and apply for discontinuing the channel on the 31st day, that is after the 30 days are done.

Would have worked if you tried on the 22nd.

Attachments

• 1365154058881.jpg
    1365154058881.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,753
Here is my current TS portal page screen shot

xNRG3Az.png

Now if I click any of the tab like regional packs or Add on packs, anything other than base pack it prompt for password after typing them it return back to this page. Extremely Buggy......

I can't get enter any of the channel listing tab other than base pack tab.

please also notice the right side of the page under "Your Subscription Package" box, under those it says "Review & Submit"

I already subscribed those in the morning by the help of Chat Agent.
----------------------------
Thanks 6pack didn't know the 2/- bonus reward adding via SMS, very good info

CC from tatasky called me up saying they're increasing prices from tomorrow by 15-20 rupees pm. is this true or a ploy to get us to buy yearly packs for discount?
I was also told there's a Supreme Sports base pack (without the kids channels) for 2650 pa. Logged into tatasky and there is no such base pack. cc told me to recharge account by 6pm today to get that pack. whats going on?

Where do u get Supreme Sports Pack ? Can't find any.....

I opt the kids pack because there is no way, In my house there is no kids so I don't need those kids channel too.

Sure there is a hike on the card thanks to our Finance Minister/India Govt.....but don't know if this applicable from tomorrow.

that's what i've been trying to find on their site. mytatasky seems to go offline intermittently. even chat is not working, whereas usually its always online. i tried calling back the number the guy called from (hoping to find out more) and it disconnects within a second. one more thing i need to mention is the price seems 100 bucks higher if you actually opted out of kids from supreme sports kids yearly package. ssk = rs 3080 pa. kids = 45*12= 540 pa. so 3080-540=2540. i was told to recharge for 2640 i think. so its 100 bucks higher. so i think maybe they are going to update the site soon.

update: i shifted to that supreme sports annual package (excluding kids pack) by recharging for 2640. now ac balance shows due date only for monthly hd access or if i take extra channel then it will update due date according to the balance remaining.

Tata Sky increase the price for almost all base pack around 20/- except Grans Sports Pack...still remain 410/-

This info only noticeable under Upgarde/Modify Package at Web Portal. ATM website cost page remain unchanged.

tatasky was costliest dth provider and now they're making it even more costly. :confused:
maybe they dont want new customers.

my package details got updated to this new base pack. weird thing is, it does not show up in list of base packs below.
packagedetails.jpg

Back