Video TATA Sky query

hotshot05

Skilled
I had a TATA Sky connection whose 1 year subscription ended recently.

Now with the arrival of Airtel and Sun and also the use of digital STB with local cable, TATA Sky looks too costly in comparison.

My question is will I get any refund if I return the TATA Sky STB and dish?
If yes then how much money will be returned?

I suggest you continue using tata sky as they are the best in the business.

AFAIK you can keep the dish with you and you will not get a refund.

karan6888 said:
I suggest you continue using tata sky as they are the best in the business.
AFAIK you can keep the dish with you and you will not get a refund.

TATA Sky may be the best in the business but it is a lot costlier than local cable.
With my local cable, I can choose any channel that I want(i.e there is no combo packs).
Each channel costs Rs.6. So to take ESPN, Star Sports, Star Cricket I have to pay only Rs.18, not Rs.60.
Also just because I want to watch Zee Studio, I do not have to subscribe to a combo pack which costs Rs.50-100 more.
So I can save a lot every month. Because I would have to take the Rs.275/month pack in TATA Sky to watch all the channels that I want to. But in my local cable, I have to pay only Rs.190/month.

Also I have compared the picture quality of both the local cable and TATA Sky side by side and there is almost no difference visible on my 21 inch TV. This is because of the digital set top box that is used for every TV connected to the local cable just like the STB of TATA Sky.

Are you guys sure that I will get no refund? ? ?

I think if you discontinue the service, you've to return the dish and STB as per the terms and conditions. ;)

And yes, most probably you've no refund. All that you paid was for installation and subscription. :no:

^ yup. Dish and STB are TATA-SKY/in general, your service providers property.

No refund is ever given.

Btw, if your subscription has run out, what refund are you hoping for :?

Back