Video Tata sky takes a few zee channels off the air

DuBudhi

Disciple
Begining from yesterday, tata sky has cut the broadcast of a few channels from the zee bouquet...maybe cauz of this
And we all know about this Tata Sky still gets no feed from Sun TV

Now, i don't watch any of these channels :p But are we going back to the dark days of the cablewallah where he chose the channels we watched...
Tatasky, inspite of charging us 300 bucks a month, offers only one subscribtion package, most of the free channels are left out and there are no exclusive channels. And although i'm a very satisfied customer now, i feel a bit dissatisfied.
I don't watch any of the channels that are cut (Zee action, premier whatever) but i think i'm paying them enough to get them :no:
What do you guys think?

play tv , zee jagran,zee smile..,zee sports,,bla bla...

and ya zee was charging tata sky 140/160(not too sure) for the whole package of 32 channels...
and now with the court order and bla bla..
and the reduction of channels by tata sky they are paying just 88 rs.
isnt this supposed to be reflected in our monthly subscription rates.

So Tata Sky is dropping channels instead of adding missing channels? How stupid!

Its good that I still haven't disconnected old cable.

thixkull said:
play tv , zee jagran,zee smile..,zee sports,,bla bla...

and ya zee was charging tata sky 140/160(not too sure) for the whole package of 32 channels...
and now with the court order and bla bla..
and the reduction of channels by tata sky they are paying just 88 rs.
isnt this supposed to be reflected in our monthly subscription rates.

If it does reflect in our monthly subscribtion rates then i'd be really happy :p I don't need these channels anyway.

But then again whatever happened to viewers choice. If i did want to watch these channels i'd have to switch to another operator. sheesh :no:

Thank god i don't watch those channels.But i don't think they will reduce the monthly bills.Tata sky never passed on those addl. costs to the customers so there is no way they will now reduce the prices for us and make further loss.

Following 13 channels have been dropped:

24Ghante, Play TV, Zee Jagran, Zee Smile, Zee Music, Zee Kannada, Zee Telegu, Zee Sports, ETC Punjabi, ETC, Zee Premier, Zee Action and Zee Classic.

Read More:

The Hindu Business Line : Tata Sky drops 13 channels from Zee

News Paper Ad:

469961652_a2281f4122.jpg

I Talked with Tata sky helpline. Neo will not air until the promotional offer ends. Then it will be our choice to take it as pay channel or not. In the meanwhile if there are any International matches that will be broadcasted on NEO sports it will be shown.

So just hang on. Basically we will have option to choose our channels by july or so.

Back