Tata Sky Volume Control

Hello there,

Is there any way to control volume? I have noticed that the volume output during advertisements shoots up automatically. Not in the levels controlled by remote but the output from channel itself. Is there anything which can help me set fixed output/level of audio at db level?
This looks related to my problem.

Last edited:
See if your stb or tv has a sound leveller/equaliser mode.

Lg has auto volume mode, to flatten volume spikes
I am using a amplifier to drive the volume to my HT speakers. It's connected to Tata Sky and Tata Sky is connected to the TV via HDMI.

I have already raised this issue some time back.. Its only during ADs and songs the volume shoots up while for rest the volume sounds normal for the set level.
Its the same with netflix, prime etc. as well.
Seems its on purpose the editing is done...high vol/pitches for songs/commercials and once it ends, sound is back to normal.

One of my friend has some sony high end tv worth 1 lac and he too has similar issues. I could be wrong but brand to brand there might be certain settings to help out.

So as for me, irrespective of your tv/remote/stb settings the shit gets override!

Last edited:
@nRiTeCh Government need to enforce something like decibel control option on all these devices. We can set a fixed decibel and be done with this insane volume during commercials. I am sure no provider is going to introduce this feature from front unless government forces them. :(

@nRiTeCh Government need to enforce something like decibel control option on all these devices. We can set a fixed decibel and be done with this insane volume during commercials. I am sure no provider is going to introduce this feature from front unless government forces them. :(
Lol! Decibels? They arent blasting bombs and crackers nor the sound is that much unless one is listening at 80% peak and during commercials its shooting to 100%.

Back