Tatasky displays a white faded box image on tv

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys I got some weird issue on with my Tatasky.
I bought a new Hisense TV in the recent sale. Prior to that we used to watch on CRT tv on RCA cable & never noticed this thing.

There is this white weird ghosty faded rectangular box appearing just above 3cm from bottom side of the tv.
This is very much faded and easily visible on a clear white background and in colors not at all noticeable unless you suspiciously have a look.

IMG_20200818_152122_1 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200818_152122_1.jpg

TV has RCA + HDMI Arc + normal HDMI ports.
On RCA this thing appears not on every power-on but does appear.
On HDMI it appears every time.
Funny part is it goes automatically and again comes back.

But if I watch netflix, youtube etc. or a lone white background image (via my pen drive or on YouTube) the box doesn't appear at all.

Finally called the technician, he inspected and said there was nothing wrong with the tv at all as he said if the box was due to any hardware fault it would had appeared everywhere (in netflix, youtube, images etc) and might possibly had spread in other display areas.

He asked to take help of tatasky instead as earlier it was plain CRT and for Led screen some settings are required to be performed in the STB for a good viewing exp which might resolve the issue.

To clear on anything wrong with the TV, tried below Troubleshooting (didn't called tatasky)

In tataky stb menu did all the display settings like i1080@60hz, dolby etc.: Same result.
In Signal settings it showed 60%. I dont know if its should be 100% or not. If someone can clarify this.

• Tried a different HDMI cable: Same result.
  • Connected to a brand new cable: Same result.
  • Tried another hdmi port with both cables: Same result.
Finally decide to directly connect my PC to the tv:
  • Used TV as my monitor: No such box issue.
  • Tried both hdmi ports on PC: No box issue.
Thus, it can be concluded that hdmi ports got no issues.

What more needs to be tried is changing the STB or calling tatasky technician.

Before that need to verify from tatasky users here.

You tried master reset on tata sky stb?
I never tried that myself, can we do it? I mean does it messes with the signal ratios etc?

Forgot to try one thing which I did today...
Tried using my monitor as TV and the box is displayed on my monitor as well. So seems something to do wish the STB.
Wonder what tatasky guys gonna do about it apart from convincing/pressing for an unusual upgrade.

Back