Tatasky dth issue

ashish

Adept
We are facing a rather weird issue with our tatasky dth.

Since 2 months now, every night after 10-10:30p we are not at all able to view Colors Marathi and Zee Marathi channel. But the same channels work simply fine up to 9-930pm.

Tatasky helpdesk is simply bunch of chus asking only to disconnect wires, stb, tv, and what all cables.

They say technician visit needs to be scheduled but what is he gonna do during daytime when there is no issue. When I requested them to send him at night they said that time no technician is available.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the dish or cable or stb as if ever there was an issues with this hardware it should had affected all day and all channels.

Looking for someone who might have ever encountered such issues on any dth can offer any tips or help.

When the issue occurs again then stay tuned to the affected channel and check the signal levels from the stb menu.

If the signal level is ok then it indicates issue is on tata sky side not yours which I think will be unlikely.

If the signal is weak it could indicate issue on your side so you can get the engineer visit during the day and ask him to replace the LNB with a new one, maybe temporarily to check if it resolve the issue.

Before all this check two things... See if the LNB is cracked or broken and secondly have you tried removing the smart card from STB cleaning it and re inserting it?

Do make a recording after 9:30 pm for the above mentioned channels to show how it goes from working to nonworking state and share with TS handle on twitter.

When the issue occurs again then stay tuned to the affected channel and check the signal levels from the stb menu.

If the signal level is ok then it indicates issue is on tata sky side not yours which I think will be unlikely.

If the signal is weak it could indicate issue on your side so you can get the engineer visit during the day and ask him to replace the LNB with a new one, maybe temporarily to check if it resolve the issue.

Before all this check two things... See if the LNB is cracked or broken and secondly have you tried removing the smart card from STB cleaning it and re inserting it?
I will check for LNB and also signal levels.

I tried cleaning the card many times and even stb ports etc multiple times. I even performed a factory reset once and it did solved issues for Sony where Sony was also affected earlier as it was a blank or choppy channel after 7pm. Now only these twoi channels stay affected.

But what if LNB is good and signal levels are not same during day and night for those affected channels?
Do make a recording after 9:30 pm for the above mentioned channels to show how it goes from working to nonworking state and share with TS handle on twitter.
It might be a very huge videos running into couple of gbs. As its tentatiuve and issue occurs anytime after 9-930p

Good point about trying master reset of the STB...but I guess you already tried reset... Ask the visiting engineer to bring another stb to give you for a couple of days if they agree to check the issue still occur or not

Back