Techie goes mobile!

techie_007

Skilled
Well, the title speaks for itself........

I needed a laptop for back to school season, so managed to get my grubby hands on this Vostro 13 through the US Dell outlet. Cousin brought it over from the US :clap:

Specs:

T5670@1.8Ghz

3Gb RAM

320Gb HDD

Webcam/assorted stuff.

9-cell battery

Damage: Around 33.5k after all conversions etc.

Now, it was either get a 50k nice lappy, or a 30k basic lappy locally and 'something else'. I ended up spending on a decent 35k lappy + 'something else'.

The something else:

bit out of focus.

Just received it yesterday. Again a friend brought it over :eek:hyeah:

Damage: 270$ + 40$ for the case

First impressions: Great screen!!!! Cant even tell its an e-paper thing till you see the page turn. Looks just like its printed on some sort of plastic.

Proper review if I get the time. Swamped with last minute stuff right now :)

Cant see the pics. Is that the e-book reader you wnated to lay your hands on? :p

Congrats btw. :D

PS: At Hydy already? Did the Nawab invite you yet? :p

Gannu said:
Cant see the pics. Is that the e-book reader you wnated to lay your hands on? :p

Congrats btw. :D

PS: At Hydy already? Did the Nawab invite you yet? :p

You got it. :cool2:

Not yet man. Hyd on Sat. ur CD will still be sent :)

techie_007 said:
Not yet man. Hyd on Sat. ur CD will still be sent :)

Yeah? Thanx man!

Your treat's pending btw. :bleh:

@sarang: Safin has a Sony e-book reader as evident from his profile. :p

sarang said:
congozz techie. Kindle eh? Are you the first to own one in town (TE)?

Nah. Look more carefully :p Thats a Sony PRS505 :) Kindle useless here. No mobile network support n stuff. + larger AND more exp :p

This is much better looking n compact as well with the SAME sized screen :)

dude thats awesome

and ebooks even more beautiful

have u bought international warranty for dell or US one will in India ??

wow a Vostro from US? :p

and an eBook reader as well? :p

well congrats on the purchases although I wudnt have made the same choices

@techhead: The PRS505? Nope. Very limited countries outside the US, only some European ones for now I believe. They are trying to get their online bookstore also up in parallel so the rollout is slower.

@thetechmind,kuduku: Yeah, 1 year onsite NBD warranty, valid in India. Already got the service tag transferred to Dell India. Default was the US only carry to depot. This took another 20$.

@Uncle Rave: Well, not too many 13 inch laptops to choose from when you are on a budget. And portability was important. + the international warranty as well. So this was it :)

What would be your choices? :p

Darthcoder said:
You dont play games? :S, what grafix card does it have?

Integrated Gfx, but....

Muahhahahahaha. :eek:hyeah:

Even though I will 'probably' not get the time for games, the desktops coming along too :eek:hyeah: Laptop graphics/screensize are too limiting and the increased cost didnt seem to justify itself to me, especially when I already have a system capable of decent gaming (HD4850)

^^ Nice :eek:hyeah:.

You are lucky to get ur desktop along, not everyone can do that :mad:.

Now I just need to add a Graphics card to that config for my lappy :eek:hyeah:.

Congrats on ur toys :D.

techie_007 said:
@techhead: The PRS505? Nope. Very limited countries outside the US, only some European ones for now I believe. They are trying to get their online bookstore also up in parallel so the rollout is slower.

@thetechmind,kuduku: Yeah, 1 year onsite NBD warranty, valid in India. Already got the service tag transferred to Dell India. Default was the US only carry to depot. This took another 20$.

@Uncle Rave: Well, not too many 13 inch laptops to choose from when you are on a budget. And portability was important. + the international warranty as well. So this was it :)

What would be your choices? :p

would have been the macbook for me, ongoing price for the new white MB with 9400 is 800$ so id definitely would pick that up and screw an ebook reader, but as i said that would be more to do with my usage and requirements

Back