Tempest in a Brown Box

whatsinaname

Skilled
Got something in the mail last week. It's the first thing that actually makes me want to learn programming. [13 images, 56k warning, thought I guess if you are already here, the warning is useless.:p ]

I leave it up to you to assume whether the horrible first two pics are my bad "camera" work or intentionally blurry pics to obscure personal details. :ashamed:
The package
dsc00062.jpg

dsc00063utb.jpg

The Box
dsc00064uur.jpg

dsc00065l.jpg

dsc00066wah.jpg

The Bricks
dsc00067b.jpg

dsc00068yqy.jpg

Manuals? Who reads Manuals? (Actually, I do. :ashamed: )
dsc00069xqy.jpg

The Sensors and Motors
dsc00070y.jpg

The Brick and Cables (The Mind in the Mindstorm. :ashamed: )
dsc00071i.jpg

Closer look at the sensors.
Left to Right: Ultrasonic, Light, Touch, Sound
dsc00072mrg.jpg

First setup. Straight from the basic building instructions.
dsc00073aui.jpg

It requires 6 AA batteries!
dsc00074h.jpg

frack!

congratulations mate :). I was just doing a bit of research on these for a colleague of mine who wants to get one of these :)

How much did you pay for it? the kmd way?

Awesome, how much did it cost you and did you get it through KMD.

We had some of these Lego kits acquired back at college for use in robotics lab by the robotics club as well as by the B.Tech students who took the Robotics elective as well as the M.Tech students of my branch who had Robotics as a core subject. Too bad most of the kits arrived too late for our batch and we never got the chance to play around with them. We also had Via Mini-ITX boards acquired for robotics projects.

Thanks everyone. :)

Got it for 240$ from Amazon. The batteries+charger cost about 30$ more.

It's awesome fun. Built the first couple of standard models, and the software makes writing instructions really easy. Have a couple of things in mind, the first thing I am trying to build is an automatic tracking and firing turret.
The only con is that once it gets you hooked, you star looking for more parts to add. And the Technic sets are really expensive.

I should also look into coding using C, Matlab/Simulink etc. Gives more flexibility in coding.

MohitPreet said:
wat is this
i never seen anything like this
plz tell???

It is a Lego set that can be built and programmed. You can construct anything you want with the components included. The main processor can be programmed to run the motors and take inputs for the sensor.

Think of it as building blocks for "grown ups" ;) Instead of just square and rectangle pieces, you have motors, gears, axles, sensors etc.

Back