Test my Samsung 1TB 980 Pro SSD Drive.

Futureized

Skilled
Recently, bought used Samsung 1 TB 980 Pro.
On normal with no activity HDD temperature is always 47* C (check HDD before test photo)
With 2 minutes of Short self test temperature rises to 58*C + using Hard Disk Sentinel software for Windows 10 (check HDD after 2 minutes test photo)

Is there any issue with HDD or more better ways to test, I have not ran long tests due to temperature rise, dont want to fry my new mobo..

Attachments

• HDD after TEST.png
    HDD after TEST.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 70
  • HDD before test.png
    HDD before test.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 81
Recently, bought used Samsung 1 TB 980 Pro.
On normal with no activity HDD temperature is always 47* C (check HDD before test photo)
With 2 minutes of Short self test temperature rises to 58*C + using Hard Disk Sentinel software for Windows 10 (check HDD after 2 minutes test photo)

Is there any issue with HDD or more better ways to test, I have not ran long tests due to temperature rise, dont want to fry my new mobo..
Samsung ssd usually expose 2-3 temperature readings on hwinfo. Rest of the monitoring softwares report the Nand or composite temps in my experience.
So here with the short self test your ssd controller should be in the region of 75-80c (these can even go upto 110c in enclosed space) given nand or composite is around 58-59. These temps won't hurt your ssd or motherboard but, will throttle the ssd with large write operations. Just stick the motherboard ssd heatsink or get a 3rd party one if you don't find it.

Yes it does.
It does not, cannot find heatsink with my motherboard
Samsung ssd usually expose 2-3 temperature readings on hwinfo. Rest of the monitoring softwares report the Nand or composite temps in my experience.
So here with the short self test your ssd controller should be in the region of 75-80c (these can even go upto 110c in enclosed space) given nand or composite is around 58-59. These temps won't hurt your ssd or motherboard but, will throttle the ssd with large write operations. Just stick the motherboard ssd heatsink or get a 3rd party one if you don't find it.
HWinfo and both hdd sentinel show same readings.
Can you guide to the heatsink to buy from amazon.in ?
Only the 1 TB SSD shows massive increase in temperature not the WD 500 GB SSD

Show us how you have installed it.
Cant open the case myself.. already broke the cabinet glass once.
Will try to take pictures tomorrow

Attachments

• mobo 1.jpg
    mobo 1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 58
  • mobo 2.jpg
    mobo 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 59
  • HWINFO.png
    HWINFO.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

That's hwmonitor, hwinfo is this.
Heatsink options-

Yes it does. I have marked it. You need to unscrew it, install the SSD, and screw it back in.

1683295540603.png

Thank You for taking your time, I have two SSDs on this system, i guess the one which you have marked has WD 500 GB ssd installed. My friend has installed 1 TB in some other available slot
Yes. You should have mentioned this beforehand. If you want a heatsink for the slot below, you need to purchase a third party heatsink.

Back