Texting App?

matt6151

Disciple
I'm not sure where to put this, so if someone can. Move it to the right section please and thank you.

Now to my question.

I have a friend in Ireland, and I'm in America. We would love to text, but we only use Skype.
I know there are apps like TextNow and TextFree that claim to be free worldwide, but I need to be sure.
I know it won't charge me, it's an iPod and no credit/debit card is linked with my account; but will it charge her?
I need to know that there will be no costs.
If possible, explain how they do the free texting so I can look at the information and be more comfortable.

Can anyone give me the answers?
Please and thank you.

KakaoTalk is better than Whatsapp. It's just that there aren't enough folks on it in India. I use both and Kakao is far superior. Whatsapp is horrendous when it comes to privacy. Any random person who has your number also has you on his Whatsapp list and can tell whether you're online or not and view your profile picture. That's the ultimate breach of privacy.

Thanks for the responses, but can you provide proof or any info that you are 100% sure it won't charge her?
WhatsApp and other similar apps use your data services to send messages. So data charges would always be there.

Second, WhatsApp does not charge for first year but it may charge you 1$ from second year but it can be waived too.
There are no charges besides these two. Hope that makes things clear :)

WhatsApp and other similar apps use your data services to send messages. So data charges would always be there.

Second, WhatsApp does not charge for first year but it may charge you 1$ from second year but it can be waived too.
There are no charges besides these two. Hope that makes things clear :)

How to waive off the fee? :D

Back