Monitors TFT or LCD

tryst

Disciple
Hi,

I am looking for a monitor that can give me the best picture for HD content (1080p).I have a Samsung 19 inch Widescreen TFT currently.Should i go for a TFT or an LCD.Please suggest.

Thanks

Heheheh.

Hilarious. :D

TFT = Thin Film Transistors which makes up a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). :) So it's the same thing.

TFT is the technology used, in early LCD days there was another tech named DSTN also and TFT was far superior due to which TFT prevails now. :)

TFT panels can also be TN, PVA, S-IPS and so on...which focuses on what kind of TFT it is.

Net-net: They are the SAME.

Payne

If you plan on watching movies on this, then i'd advise against TN LCD panels.

TN LCD panels can suffice as PC monitors, but for extended usage in watching movies they are a poor choice due to their limited viewing angles.

Outside of the viewing angles, it feels like you are watching negative (negative as in photo film negatives). Even inside the viewing angles, the colors are distorted unless you are watching the screen head-on at eye height

I'd recommend going for a non TN LCD panel.

S-IPS LCD panels are the best, and the MVA/PVA LCD panels are next. TN LCD panels are last choice with respect to color reproduction and viewing angles

If full HD is wat u're planning, the DELL E248WFP + a good system wub be the cheapest option.. Sells for around 20k with taxes from the site..

Was selling here fer 17k + Shipping courtesy Shakensoul..
Sad u missed tat..

A Sony Bravia 40incher and above mite be the only option tats having Full HD(In someoptions) which may set u back by a couple of 100grand!!! :)

Back