The Art of Cricket is back - Alpha 0.1 released

Pat

Skilled
This game is back and kicking!

For anyone not aware about this game, just a short introduction. This game is made by 2 individuals and focuses on core gameplay and getting the basics right (though the graphics are not too bad for a alpha release and considering it's only 2 people working on the game with no motion-captures, no financial support etc.)!

Read their interview here (gives more information about the game and their plans):

PlanetCricket » The Art of Cricket is Back – Exculsive PlanetCricket Interview with the Developers

Download Alpha 0.1 here:

It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!! - PlanetCricket Forums

Though this release is more of a teaser than a demo, you can see how good the game physics are and it shows tremendous potential! I have had absolutely amazing fun playing it for few hours and seems like they are on the right track! I have played some shots (some hits and misses) that I have never till date been able to reproduce in any of the cricket games released!

Try it out! You won't be disappointed :)

Yes, the game's showing great potential. It's incredible how much just a couple of guys can do, considering the game's alpha stage, the batting and bowling mechanism implemented already surpasses any other cricket game till date.

^ :p Actually IC 2010 is pretty decent at the moment. Cricket Revolution is decent too. That is, considering the quality of cricket games. The sad truth is that there has been no satisfying proper cricket game since BLC 99. :(

^^ +1 Yes BLC 2005 looks promising but not as much as BLC 99. Cricket Revolution is very good but steep learning curve, that most of us could not tolerate IMO.

Great. Will download once I reach home. Had been following the progress for more than 3 years but lost hope since last year as the updates on their website became rare. Good to hear they are back and kicking.

IC 2010 has its share of bugs (actually plenty) but it is still any day better than the cr@p that EA churns out (the vanilla version that is).

Back