The Big Bang Theory

WOW...........I just experienced the BIG BANG theory...........:eek:hyeah:

Went to get a new config for myelf today, where wat i was going to buy wasnt decided.
After a bit of discussion decided to get a i7 930 (other choice was W3520, but warranty was an issue).
Next had to decide the psu,ram & mobo.

Was going thru all the mobos in stock, say MSI X58 Pro-E, Asus Rampage III, GA X58A-UD7 and GA X58A-UD3R.
had almost decided to buy X58A-UD3R, when all of a sudden saw this baby :
The MSI BIG BANG XPOWER

Had read reviews bout this thing before and didnt expect this to be in off the shelf stock.

Till now the mobo is doing gr8.
Setup is running at 4.5GHz @ 1.425v, Ram @ 1290MHz @ 7-7-7-21
Load temps are like 69-73C

Congrats, thats a nice board.
btw your cpu is throttling, core i7 @4.5ghz should get ~8k in cpu score for 3dmark06 in Win7
Theres no way a crappy cm 620 can handle a 930 at 4.5ghz

Congratulations on the board !! :)

i agree with appo sir that your cpu is throttling... might want to check that !!

Also those temps for 4.5ghz @ 1.425 are a little strange... should be higher under OCCT etc..

What is your Gflops when you run LinX ?

Cheers ... congratulations on the board !

those temps are bad if u ask me and could damage ur cpu coz i get like below 70 in Prime 95 small FFT so i would suggest get a better cooler with good fans in push - pull otherwise u could damage ur cpu

also on the throttling i have no idea about that so wont comment but if appo is saying he must be right so u might wanna do what he has told u to

also amazing board and enjoy it and OC it hard

hellgate said:
Thank you all!!!

@apollyon Sir what cpu cooler would you suggest? I was thinking of buying the Larkooler liquid cooling kit.
dunno about that cooler. get a noctua d14/tr venomous x/ TRUE if going for a air cooler

Larkooler is worse or just about equal to current top of the line air cooling solutions.

D14 should outperform it.

What cooling are you using now?

Back