Car & Bike The car thread ......

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Was looking for a thread reagrding all about cars and especially suggestions regarding which model to buy if one is upgrading ..

Couldn't find one hence starting myself .
Let's discuss and suggest the community if one is looking to buy a new car .

We can also discuss things about car accessories and good places to get them.

My query ....
I have been driving a September 2011 Ritz petrol ... Till now clocked 80k km , the car is working well as I get it serviced thoroughly after 10k km or one year from maruti suzuki company owned service center .
But owing to age of the car and tbh out of boredom I am planning to upgrade in next few months ..
Want a petrol car , which can be termed as an upgrade. But wish to keep the budget to the minimum really coz my driving is generally in city once in six months out of delhi .
Something which is a sort of compact SUV as is the trend now.
But I am open to anything as long as it is in budget of let's say 7L , great driving pleasure, comparatively better height of th seats and usual bells and whistles .

Trying to avoid small or average sized sedans for now.

Let's help me and all.

I'm an enthusiast of renewable energy sources. And obviously will Incline towards electric options.
There were many electric car launches scheduled for 2021 under 10 lakh segment. But all have been delayed due to covid. As of now these launches have been postponed to early next year. It includes wagon r electric too, which was supposed to give 200 km range and priced under 10 lakhs.
I know charging infrastructure is still a challenge, but will definitely improve in coming years.

I'm an enthusiast of renewable energy sources. And obviously will Incline towards electric options.
There were many electric car launches scheduled for 2021 under 10 lakh segment. But all have been delayed due to covid. As of now these launches have been postponed to early next year. It includes wagon r electric too, which was supposed to give 200 km range and priced under 10 lakhs.
I know charging infrastructure is still a challenge, but will definitely improve in coming years.
I am prepared to wait a bit if better variants and okish charging infra is rolled out .. but seeing the turmoil all over I am not that optimistic, but I am open .. thanks

@psyph3r
Yep they indeed are , but for me after sales is also important hence I am a big fan of maruti in this regard , I am not yet confident about nissan and renault , also my intention which I forgot to mention is the engine should be 1200cc or above as that's the only capacity which can satiate me as far as peppiness of a car goes ...

Lesser cc with lesser weight might also give that but then it won't be an upgrade.

Yep they indeed are , but for me after sales is also important hence I am a big fan of maruti in this regard , I am not yet confident about nissan and renault , also my intention which I forgot to mention is the engine should be 1200cc or above as that's the only capacity which can satiate me as far as peppiness of a car goes ...

Lesser cc with lesser weight might also give that but then it won't be an upgrade.

Then you'll have to stretch your budget because no compact suv with a 1.2L engine comes for under 9L, the updated Vitara Brezza is due for launch this year but the base variant of that too will probably cost 9L on road.

Then you'll have to stretch your budget because no compact suv with a 1.2L engine comes for under 9L, the updated Vitara Brezza is due for launch this year but the base variant of that too will probably cost 9L on road.
Tbh that has been the dilemma , I am also looking forward to that but the price is a bummer for me maruti has awesome after sales but it's product quality has a lot to be desired .. I have told myself that if I am not able to find a suitable option I ll go for either the brezza or may be just may be a swift in the end coz swift ticks many things

Tbh that has been the dilemma , I am also looking forward to that but the price is a bummer for me maruti has awesome after sales but it's product quality has a lot to be desired .. I have told myself that if I am not able to find a suitable option I ll go for either the brezza or may be just may be a swift in the end coz swift ticks many things

Consider the Baleno as well, it's within you're budget and since you're happy with Maruti's after-sales service, you can go for it.

I'm also looking to replace my car by the end of the year due to the Delhi-NCR NGT rule. Right now leaning 60% towards the Toyota Urban Cruiser and 40% towards the Seltos.

Last edited:
Consider the Baleno as well, it's within you're budget and since you're happy with Maruti's after-sales service, you can go for it.

I'm also looking to replace my car by the end of the year due the the Delhi-NCR NGT rule. Right now leaning 60% towards the Toyota Urban Cruiser and 40% towards the Seltos.
Thanks , unlike baleno but what I hate about it is the metal sheet used for the body is too thin even a slight , utterly slight touch or scatch leaves a dent ...

For you I would say get the Toyota , period ... Nothing can match .

I was to purchase a car but given the current petrol prices which soon might hit Rs 150 mark by next yr I think its best to wait for electric cars. But apart from price and performance I also prefer looks! So I wont prefer those ugly shit rounded alien looking electric cars.
I would prefer current styled cars into electric variants rather than impressing the masses with shit crap ugly designs in the name of trend!

Electric cars are actually a distant dream in India, petrol/diesel cars are still going to be a sensible option for another 10-15 years in India at least.
We lack the supporting infrastructure and also lack the power generation capacity to support wide adoption.

Even with rising fuel prices and costs incurred while maintaining ICE cars, the lower maintainance cost & cost per km of an electric car is nullified by the high initial investment plus the cost of the eventual battery replacement at the end of 6-7 years depending on usage, that itself will costs lakhs of rupees.

Take Tata Nexon for example, the fossil fuel variants cost between 11-16L while the nexon EV costs between 15-18L on road. Although Tata offers 8 years warranty on the battery, it's effectiveness at holding charge will ofc reduce with time with its cost of replacement estimated to be in the 4-5 lakh range.
For the same 5L @Rs.100-150 per litre you can buy 3500-5000 litres of petrol that the fossil fuel variants will drive you around for 70-80k kms, I doubt that the battery will last that long.
The price per unit of electricity has already been hiked in Maharashtra twice in the last one year, not to forget your electricity bill amount increases with increased consumption and per unit cost depends on the slab your total household consumption falls under, so buying an electric car isn't as economical as it's made out to be.
Not to forget most of these cars useability in India will only be limited to cities, our highways lack basic amenities like clean toilets, forget about charging stations.

TBH the only experience of driving an EV in India is living with the constant range anxiety with the delusion that it has a lower carbon footprint and that you're somehow helping the planet.

Developed countries are struggling with their power grid, ours is one where in cities like Pune we still have random power cuts and in Bangalore, they cut off power at the smallest hint of a thunderstorm.

For the same 5L @Rs.100-150 per litre you can buy 3500-5000 litres of petrol that the fossil fuel variants will drive you around for 70-80k kms, I doubt that the battery will last that long.
The warranty on battery is 100k kms or 8 years, whichever is earlier. Also account for maintenance. My Baleno gets serviced for minimum 6k-7k every 10k kms, And major services at 40k kms which easily costs. Also don't forget the clutch plate replacement at around 70-80 which costs a lot.

Any thoughts on kushaq launch pricing?
People feel it's overpriced.
Well from what i read a while back it's indeed over priced
3c 1L and 4c 1.5L will range from 10Lac to 15L which is hugely overpriced ..

At least I am not gonna consider it .

What do you all think about Nexon ( yeah I know another Tata ) but I have heard good things about it and it is pretty solid too ...
If anyone owns or may have driven for a few hindered km then please post reviews.
The price is also pretty tempting [emoji6]

That's way too high .
3 cylinder engine for more than 10L is not acceptable to me no matter what .
For that Wagon R any day and any night ...
Prices are bad but I don't think the engine is that bad, it's the same turbo petrol engine found in vento/rapid. If only it was a proper 5 seater I'd have booked it already.

Prices are bad but I don't think the engine is that bad, it's the same turbo petrol engine found in vento/rapid. If only it was a proper 5 seater I'd have booked it already.
Well I really donno how effective a 3C engine would be for a car that is being promoted as a compact SUV or sub compact one for that matter.
I wish to have angine that responds nicely when pushed the gas paddle, there should be enough power to move a car with respect to its weight ...

But then this is how I feel , am not that great with the tecnical specs tbh

What do you all think about Nexon ( yeah I know another Tata ) but I have heard good things about it and it is pretty solid too ...

I wasn't a fan of the front but I like its conventional looks post the facelift, still hate the tail-lights though, it looks as if someone has fixed them with electrical insulation tape, they should've changed it to something like the on Altroz.

QF6FeMm.jpg

It's a good and matured car in that price bracket along with the Ecosport and XUV300. The higher ground clearance for our shitty roads as well as the 5 star GNCAP rating is an added bonus, although people looking for a new car within that budget should wait and watch for how the Vitara Brezza refresh pans out.

Any thoughts on kushaq launch pricing?
People feel it's overpriced.

Hard to beat Seltos & Creta in that segment, plus the dreaded DQ200 is on offer as well.

Last edited:
Back