The Dark Knight Thread

Well, the name says it all. Discuss anything and everything abt Batman and his films...especially the best one up to date.. The Dark Knight..I was thinking of making a separate thread for this film since it truly is a masterpiece in its own right....:eek:hyeah: and i truly am not joking and u'll c this y and i have adequate proof to support this.I really don't wish to merge it with the Gotham Knight Thread and spoil this film's flavor...Since i truly am a BIG Batman fan. However, if the mods wish to merge it with the Gotham Knight Thread...they may do so...However it is humble request that they don't....

Anyways coming back to the topic...I was going through the Gotham Knight thread and read that the Dark Knight has been compared to the Godfather, Heat etc and so on...each of the films unique and stunning in their own right...and thought i will do some digging on this in Google and it seems to me that the Dark Knight's comparison with the above films is truly an underestimation IMO...

You want proof...then here it is.......some of the comments from ROTTEN TOMATOES: Movies - New Movie Reviews and Previews!

A dark, ambitious, mature and gritty crime saga the likes of which Michael Mann or Martin Scorsese would be proud to call their own

The Dark Knight is not only the best film I have seen this year, but quite possibly the best superhero movie ever made.

An ambitious, full-bodied crime epic of gratifying scope and moral complexity, this is seriously brainy pop entertainment that satisfies every expectation raised by its hit predecessor and then some.

Nolan's sequel surpasses the original with an intense, disturbing masterpiece.

Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Michael Mann's Heat. Brian de Palma's The Untouchables. And now, Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight can join the ranks as one of the best crime dramas in modern movie history.

One of the critics goes....
Pure adrenaline. [Nolan], having dispensed with his introspective, moody origin story, now puts the Caped Crusader through a decathlon of explosions, vehicle flips, hand-to-hand combat, midair rescues and pulse-pounding suspense.

Some of the screen shots from the film.....

For more....check out..
The Dark Knight Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
All Photos from The Dark Knight

If i want to see or download a movie the first website for movie reviews i c is the ROTTEN TOMATOES: Movies - New Movie Reviews and Previews! since this site gives in depth reviews abt a movie...and yes there's the Tomatoementer..i have seen tomatoe meters at 50%.......70%....90%....BUT never in my wildest of imaginations i cud fathom to c a Tomatoemeter at 100%...U can truly imagine this must be the first Batman Movie ever to achieve such popularity and i cudn't think anyone better out Christian Bale and Heath Ledger's performance for their masterpiece roles as Batman and the legendary Joker....and yes the one truly to admire is the Director Christopher Nolan himself....he is an avid Batman fan...:eek:hyeah:

i often read newspaper articles abt Dark Knight wherever i cud and they said Heath Ledger literally wud lock himself up in a room to study and get beneath the skin of the Joker....no wonder it literally cost him his life...:( :huh:

Last but not the least the other actors who made the film a grand success are Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, Gary Oldman as Inspector Gordon.........

This film boasts of brilliant action sequences, great emotions and turmoil, the best Batman suit ever and a lot more..........

I couldn't believe my eyes when i read the following lines from one of the reviews of the movie from a critic... :S :O :O :O

Three days after the screening, I am still haunted by some visual images; lines of cynical dialogue, particularly by the sinister Joker, splendidly and scarily played by Heath Ledger, who should receive a posthumous Oscar nomination, if not the award itself (See Oscar Alert). In his dark, macabre humor and malevolent nature, Ledger goes way beyond the Joker that Jack Nicholson magnificently played in the first "Batman" (1989). Consider the line, "You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain," which is repeated several times and serves as the film's motto.

More abt the review...
Film Review - Dark Knight, The

Anyways i hope people who are truly Batman fans like me contribute more to this thread and keep this going...:hap2: ...

Just can't wait to watch this movie :clap:

This year is really good for the superhero movies. Ironman and hulk have done really well, so will the dark knight :eek:hyeah:

Another one from Rolling Stone.......

Heads up: a thunderbolt is about to rip into the blanket of bland we call summer movies. The Dark Knight, director Christopher Nolan's absolute stunner of a follow-up to 2005's Batman Begins, is a potent provocation decked out as a comic-book movie. Feverish action? Check. Dazzling spectacle? Check. Devilish fun? Check. But Nolan is just warming up. There's something raw and elemental at work in this artfully imagined universe.

Dark Knight : Review : Rolling Stone

i cant wait to see this movie :) its heath ledger (RIP!) all the way man, i dont know how he managed to pull that performance off :hap2:

Nolan completely redeemed the Batman movie ventures with Begins.
It's the little nuances that he just gets about Batman that do it for me (Like not portraying Inspector Gordon as an incompetent piggie for one. He can take out trained Green Beret officers half his age unarmed.).

The only thing I don't like about TDK is the Batsuit. It still feels like a little bit too much from the Schumacher movies with all it's sculpted contours and ridges and what not (no nipples thank God).
I would've preferred a more minimalist suit akin to the Tim Burton movies. It is afterall just supposed to be a more theatrical approach to a ninja's robes.

saumilsingh said:
Nolan completely redeemed the Batman movie ventures with Begins.

It's the little nuances that he just gets about Batman that do it for me (Like not portraying Inspector Gordon as an incompetent piggie for one. He can take out trained Green Beret officers half his age unarmed.).

The only thing I don't like about TDK is the Batsuit. It still feels like a little bit too much from the Schumacher movies with all it's sculpted contours and ridges and what not (no nipples thank God).

I would've preferred a more minimalist suit akin to the Tim Burton movies. It is afterall just supposed to be a more theatrical approach to a ninja's robes.

IMO...the suit that has been created now is the best...for those ppl who didn't know....this is the first batsuit that doesn't have its hood attached to the rest of the body ....that is Batman will be able to move his neck freely rather than having one stiff neck..and this suit is designed in such a manner that it has pieces of armor attached together rather than having it has one full component which combines agility, nimbleness and toughness in the suit and had it been more minimalist suit as saumil says...then it would not have been convincing enuff to do stunts with it.........

Back