The DRINK Thread.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All,

In the ever quest of finding serene bliss or ecstasy Men do turn to nectar from Gods. Or Booz Or Giggle Water or whatever you wish to call it. :)

Tried looking for a thread here. But none. So Lets have one for the Sharabi's. :D. Hope this is allowed here.
Post about the poison you having nowadays, experiences, suggestions, prices, availabilities, Booz recipes, anecdotes etc.

DISCLAIMER:

DRINKING IS A FROWNED UPON HABIT IN INDIA.
DON'T DRINK FOR THE WRONG REASON.
DRINKING DOESN'T MAKE YOU COOL.
DRINKING AND DRIVING ALWAYS A BAD IDEA.
UNDERAGE AND IRRESPONSIBLE DRINKING MAKES YOU AN IMPOTENT DOUCHE BAG!!!.

So lately I started to drink again. ;). Coming to beers, I been tasting lot of hop recipe. IPA's. Indan Pale Ale. Very nice..bit bitter. Sammy Adams was the last batch. More into micro brewery.

And on a friends suggestion, went back to my first love. Whiskey. And bought this last week. Smooth is the word i have. Just neat with rocks.

2unyalv.jpg

haha, that bottle there was what a french friend introduced me to a long time ago. By the time i finish a peg, most people have gone through three. But that's the point. Once you go over a peg or two the effect is lost. Neat is how i have it.

Though i find it a bit niche, whenever i've spoken about it to friends, they've told me they weren't interested and quite happy with the local stuff. it's pricey. But, wait for it. India is trying to neogitate a FTA with the EU. This means cheaper prices. Whether the local liquor lobby will allow that to happen is of course another question.

There's a lot to explore here, if you can go to scotland and do a tour around the various refineries there, low land, high land, various islands, lots of appreciation to be had. The pubs there have so many kinds, its easy to get lost in the choice. bewildering actually as you expect the usual names and people kinda frown on then and say oh but its so commercial.

hopefully instead of paying Rs.6k odd for the bottle in the picture above you get to pay less. How much less is the question. Wait & see, as usual we will push to advance our interests and the euro's theirs.

6k for the one? Its around 50.XX USD here. That is 100% more tax.?? Enough said. Just enjoy the poison. :)

Thought it went for $30 in costco some time back.

Price crept up by a 1k over a year or so. Now you know why i'm interested in EU FTA.

So lately I started to drink again. ;). Coming to beers, I been tasting lot of hop recipe. IPA's. Indan Pale Ale. Very nice..bit bitter. Sammy Adams was the last batch. More into micro brewery.

And on a friends suggestion, went back to my first love. Whiskey. And bought this last week. Smooth is the word i have. Just neat with rocks.

2unyalv.jpg
One of my Fav Single Malt but I like 15years more and looking forward to get 18 & 21yrs

5bpf.jpg

I had double black last time i was in Frankfurt. Too smokey. Prefer JD to that. But nevertheless, buzz is there from the 3rd one. :).

Coming to beers, I been tasting lot of hop recipe. IPA's. Indan Pale Ale. Very nice..bit bitter. Sammy Adams was the last batch. More into micro brewery.
Micros are novelty. Got to try it once.

Could not stick to it for long and went back to my usual. Stella or Warsteiner abroad, or KF here. Tried & trusted :)

My ideal home-bar would have

Loch Lomond (yes, Capt. Haddock's favorite)- The only whiskey I like
Rum: Old Monk or Captain Morgan
Beer: Guiness or Paulaner/Hofner Brau (Munich beer's dark/stout)
Esoteric liquors: Walnut or Honey liquor from the black forest, Jaegermeister,
Wine: Port or the 30cent variety that comes in a box :D

Will come back to this thread often, I have a truckload of cocktail ideas that make sense when drunk.​

Old monk is special, a friend introduced me to this when i was abroad. Very nice and unique.

Who needs bacardi whatever when you can have old monk :)

This is gonna be my favorite thread. :)

For more reading on your favorite drinks may I suggest the following books -
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1402797672...TF8&colid=2HYPT86CS88LL&coliid=I2DMMLI1YDNNKW
and
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1452109745...TF8&colid=2HYPT86CS88LL&coliid=I3BM36DZ2F0KP2

There are tons of other books too.

I prefer Beer and Whiskey as my drinks.

Hah I spent over 3 years studying these :p[DOUBLEPOST=1395737025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Since it's drinking JW/JD will bankrupt you if bought from India, my picks (all less than 1500/bottle):

Whisky - Vat 69 (No comparison with other brands IMO)
Bourbon - Jim Beam
Gin - Gordon's

Also I prefer to pour drinks over this instead of drinking it neat:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ACTN54/
Nifty. I'll search for something like this here

Old monk is special, a friend introduced me to this when i was abroad. Very nice and unique.

Who needs bacardi whatever when you can have old monk :)

To be honest OM has lost its taste. It is really watery now, and does not have the density it used to have. It was the best RUM available at one time. Coming from a user, who drank rum all year long, even in the summers. I think a good rum is now: Sikkim Rum. Not sure if it is available in most places. Has a nice taste, and a decent amount of after-taste sweetness. It can be sipped direct with H2o, too.

Similar way, Royal Stag was ruined and maybe 100 Pipers might reach there too. Not sure, why the taste of booze starts to vary after some years. Weird.

Ever notice that
Old monk + Thums up = Awesome
Old monk + Coke = Cool
Old monk + Pepsi = kill it with fire!

No experiences performed with RC cola yet,
I like old monk straight... it gives the best tingy feeling when going down.

On the other hand, anyone liked Guinness?

Back