The Elder Scrolls Online - Discussion Thread

krugur

Gaming Freak
Skilled
As with other games in The Elder Scrolls franchise, the game will be set in the continent of Tamriel and feature a storyline indirectly connected with the other games. The game will be set a millennium before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and 800 years before The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, with the Daedric Prince Molag Bal appearing as the main antagonist as he attempts to conquer all of Tamriel.

Most of the continent of Tamriel will be playable in the game (much of it will be locked off for expansion content), and players will have the opportunity to join any of the three factions warring over the throne of the Emperor of Tamriel: The Aldmeri Dominion, composed of Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit (represented by a bird of prey), the Daggerfall Covenant, composed of Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs (represented by a lion) and the Ebonheart Pact, composed of Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians (represented by a dragon).

Introduction

What is the story

Beta signups are up

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en

Noone has confirmed about how it is gonna be ... just a lotta people hoping it starts off free to play itself. A lot of major MMO has recently moved from subscription based to free to play due to lack of people / interest. Maybe Bethesda will note of that.

There is a Subscription for this...
There note on Online Cost "Once players purchase the game, they will have unlimited access for the first 30 days and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/30 days (€12.99 / £8.99). "
As far I know Bethesda may not change it to Free to Play as they mentioned in one of their comments way back in time (dont remember) and they will keep the prices competitive according to the current subscription based games in market.

So anyone going for it? Did anyone Pre-Ordered it?

Check out the beta user reviews. It's a pretty run-of-the-mill MMO. I haven't heard a single beta user being excited about it. On top of that they are charging full price AND the standard $15 per month for this. The word in the street is they are trying to wrangle out as much cash as possible from the die hard Elder Scroll fans before going free-to-play in a year or two.

There are too many games releasing at the same time. March will surely be the time for Dark Souls II.
So eventhough, am a big time ES fan and MMO player, i will recommend a pass.

Wait for it to go free to play. And then pick up.
Everyone in beta tell its just like any other mmo, and with the current model (60$upfront and the 15$ subscription), the playbase is sure to go down fast.
They are trying to emulate WoW, but for sure wont go far, esp when there are gems like WildStar, Black Forest, Bless Online, Blade & Soul, Everquest Next etc in the pipeline for 2014.

^^ From the article
These are, I stress again, just the opening few hours. But they’re crucial hours. Playing them, one could put together a rationale why Bethesda have opted for a massive up-front fee of £50 to start playing the game, before a monthly tithe thereafter. Were this to use the far more sensible free-to-start option, before asking for a subscription to carry on, I can imagine a lot of players would feel no desire to open their wallet. However, if you’ve put half a hundred quid down, you’re going to feel pretty determined to keep ploughing through in the hope for more.

Lol. Is it just me or does the game looks dated? Looks like between Oblivion and Skyrim, and closer to the former.

^^ From the article

Lol. Is it just me or does the game looks dated? Looks like between Oblivion and Skyrim, and closer to the former.

...I dont think they will release everything in the BETA...sure the textures etc will get updated, but remember it is an online only game so it might have slightly dated stuff as of now...

Planetside 2 is also an online game, but yes, visuals are not everything. I don't think we will see hugely improved textures though, not this late in the beta. Maybe in a later update, depending on how successful it is.

I had beta invite for the last 2 betas. But the huge download size(around 20 gigs i think) and the fact that noone has given a positive review, turned me off.

I had beta invite for the last 2 betas. But the huge download size(around 20 gigs i think) and the fact that noone has given a positive review, turned me off.
Liking a game is a personal choice unless the game is seriously flawed or has lots of bugs. I'm happy as long as the gameplay is good. Morrowind, Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim all were great. So this one will not disappoint me. Although I also feel that the size is too large for a BETA.

Last edited:
Back