The gaming setup conundrum

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
hey folks,
i am moving to a dorm kind of a room soon and want to create a new setup over there.i do have a current gaming setup,but since its all fixed and dandy i do not want to disturb the baby.

conundrum - 1

i am currently on the lookout for a monitor/tv as my central screen for my setup.my budget is around 35 to 40 k and preferring a 32 incher.i game fps[bf3] a lot and mostly all the latest games.i will also be using it as my computer screen and thus my viewing distance will be around the regular pc sitting distance so to speak.do you guys think a 32 incher would be applicable for such use or should i go for a tv of lesser width?
Also i would need the television to have atleast 3 hdmi ports as it will be connected to 2* xbox360's,1 ps3, 1 wii and 1 pc.i would not prefer a grey deal as i have had a previous bad experience with the same.

conundrum - 2

Sound is of great importance to me and i have already ordered the astro a40 for my gaming headset needs.What i want now is a kickass 5.1 system which would be mostly used for hd movies and tv shows.i have a crammed budget for this and mostly want something under 20 k.budget can be extended by 5 k max if the product is worth it.it will be connected via the asus xonar stx from my pc and the optical ports of the consoles.

conundrum - 3

Also if possible please recommend me a good gaming chair cum recliner.i do not have a budget for a lazy boy so please recommend something desi if possible.

looking for suggestions from our resident gaming souls.yes you know who you are,so get your asses in here.

conundrum 1 - get a Samsung LA32D550. The older stocks are being cleared off for the new ones and you should get a good deal for this display. Around 27~29k.

conundrum 2 - not sure about the space of your dorm. room. If it is spacious enough, get one of those Onkyo systems. HTS 3500 or something. Should be under 25k. Or the Logitech Z906 for under 15k. It has 3 digital inputs and a decent SQ for movies and games. There is a Philips HTiB system as well but it bundles a blu-ray player as the receiver so I suppose it is pointless since you have a PS3 already.

conundrum 3 - head to Housefull and enquire the pricing for their recliner. I sourced myself one during the last Diwali for 12k odd and it has served me well till date. Extremely comfortable.

yeah i kinda zeroed in on the z906 as it sure is a popular suggestion over this board.
i will check the price of the la32d550 in my local croma showroom tomorrow and will update this thread accordingly.any led i can fit in a 35 k budget?

will also be checking housefull this weekend.thanks for the suggestions.

Any updates on the Z906 price??
I checked on lamington road and got a best price of 16200/- Seems that the prices incresed by 2000 in the last month for this model :(

Back