(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fast question. zotac 1080 mini with 3 year warranty or nvidia 1080ti FE without warranty. both are selling for almost same price i.e. 23k

Last edited:
What to expect for 4x2GB DDR2 800Mhz Kingston RAM Lifetime warranty? If we send DDR2 for RMA can they send us back DDR3?

Price for
1. MSI B450 Tomahawk
2. Ryzen 5 2600 (never oveclocked) with stock cooler
3. 2X8 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3000 Mhz

All purchased in Mar'19 and under warranty

Plain common sense, go for the one with Warranty. Also check if you can get a RTX 2060, would be same in performance but power efficient. Someone is selling it for 20k.
really...2060 with 6gb will give same performance as 1080 8gb. I thought 2070 matches/outperforms that.

and what about application that makes use of CUDA cores, for those workloads 1080Ti seems unbeaten and only 30 Series seems to be prominent upgrade.
Depends - if it is machine learning, even a basic turing card with tensor cores kills everything pascal. For rendering, the pascal card will be better.

The other thing to be aware is that Pascal is now a 2 gen old architecture that doesn't support async compute and nvidia probably won't optimize drivers for it. So things will only become worse with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back