(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2016 end PS4 1 Tb ( original model ) but didn't use much since as I moved for work purpose , was thinking of selling , have 2 controllers as well ( including one special edition ) and couple games , what price should I expect ?

Also , have couple of really high end grado headphones like Ps500 with bill( although not sure if I want to sell then yetz just wondering )

How much can i expect for a 10th gen macbook 13 2020 (i5 16gb 512) which has less then 10 battery cycles, 1 week usage. 1 year apple warranty left .I didnt knew we can't install linux on these t2 chips and want to return to a thinkpad :) ;

Hi, I have a msi RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC date of purchase 15-May-2020. It is in excellent condition with bill .Purchased from New Delhi
How much should I expect ?

Last edited:
How much I can expect for the full combo :
GPU - GTX 1060 6 GB
CPU- i5 4570
Motherboard-Gigabyte B85M D3H
RAM- corsair vengeance 16 GB DDR3 (Dual channel)
PSU- corsair VS 650
Cabinet-Cooler Master K380
Asus DVD RW drive (internal)

Working condition : Good
Warranty:NO

Last edited:
How much can I expect for a 5 year old Alienware 18 if I sell for parts? The laptop does not power up. The 330w adapter is fine. Comes with 4th Gen Intel i7, 16GB RAM, dual Nvidia GTX 860 cards.

Just want to say (or rather rant) about something with regard to the prices being asked by sellers.
I've come across many sellers overvaluing very old components mainly the cpu, motherboard and gpu. Just in case you are interested in them, please compare the specs with newer models and check the performance difference then make your offer. For example, even a Ryzen 3 3100 with 4C/8T is better than many older i5's and i7's and this R3 3100 costs only some 8-9k brand new with full 3 years warranty. And similarly some sellers are selling old GPU's like they are RX580/5600 or GTX 1600's. They are technology after all and they get outdated very quickly. They maybe legacy stuff and hence finding them can be difficult sometimes but I personally don't think that they should cost so high because the money can be easily invested in new components.
Don't think that potential buyers are lowballing when you are the ones setting sky high prices for legacy components. As a seller if you get a buyer who is willing to pay your asking amount then good for you but don't keep your hopes up thinking others will also accept the same price. Laptops have the worst value btw.
Also something about PSU's, their quality deteriorate over time so I wouldn't suggest paying much for a very old PSU even if they were "premium" models unless they have warranty.
Thanks for coming to my Ted talk!
Hi, I have a msi RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC date of purchase 15-May-2020. It is in excellent condition with bill .Purchased from New Delhi
How much should I expect ?
Someone sold the RTX 2070 Super FE with 2 years warranty left for 28k but that was before the launch of the RTX 3060 Ti.
How much I can expect for the full combo :
GPU - GTX 1060 6 GB
CPU- i5 4570
Motherboard-Gigabyte B85M D3H
RAM- corsair vengeance 16 GB DDR3 (Dual channel)
PSU- corsair VS 650
Cabinet-Cooler Master K380
Asus DVD RW drive (internal)

Working condition : Good
Warranty:NO
CPU should be below 4-5k.
Motherboard should cost only some 1.5k-2k since its a basic board.
RAM I'm not sure.
Someone selling similar GPU for 9k and he doesn't seem to have sold yet.
I got a used VS550 PSU with a year warranty for 2k years ago.
The DVD drive should probably be free for a 2-3 combo buyer tbh.

Last edited:
Just want to say (or rather rant) about something with regard to the prices being asked by sellers.
I've come across many sellers overvaluing very old components mainly the cpu, motherboard and gpu. Just in case you are interested in them, please compare the specs with newer models and check the performance difference then make your offer. For example, even a Ryzen 3 3100 with 4C/8T is better than many older i5's and i7's and this R3 3100 costs only some 8-9k brand new with full 3 years warranty. And similarly some sellers are selling old GPU's like they are RX580/5600 or GTX 1600's. They are technology after all and they get outdated very quickly. They maybe legacy stuff and hence finding them can be difficult sometimes but I personally don't think that they should cost so high because the money can be easily invested in new components.
Don't think that potential buyers are lowballing when you are the ones setting sky high prices for legacy components. As a seller if you get a buyer who is willing to pay your asking amount then good for you but don't keep your hopes up thinking others will also accept the same price. Laptops have the worst value btw.
Also something about PSU's, their quality deteriorate over time so I wouldn't suggest paying much for a very old PSU even if they were "premium" models unless they have warranty.
Thanks for coming to my Ted talk!

Someone sold the RTX 2070 Super FE with 2 years warranty left for 28k but that was before the launch of the RTX 3060 Ti.

Motherboard shouldn't cost only some 1.5k-2k since its a basic board.
RAM I'm not sure.
Exactly man....still people expect 25-30k for 1080ti....when one can get 2070 super for that price and people think they are being low balled. Even 2 year old flagship gpu are selling for like half the price.
Someone was selling a GTX 1070 with over a year warranty for 16k. I assumed he sold it for less.
earlier they were going for 12-13k avg AFAIK....now it will drop further as 1660ti has come to a level of 15-16k.

Motherboard should cost only some 1.5k-2k since its a basic board.
RAM I'm not sure.
So 20K should be a fair price for the entire setup ? If it is valued below 20K then I think I should keep this as reserve system for my upcoming 3080 build.

So 20K should be a fair price for the entire setup ? If it is valued below 20K then I think I should keep this as reserve system for my upcoming 3080 build.
GPU - GTX 1060 6 GB - 9k
CPU- i5 4570 - 4.5k
Motherboard-Gigabyte B85M D3H - 1.5k
RAM- corsair vengeance 16 GB DDR3 (Dual channel) - 4k
PSU- corsair VS 650 - 2.5k
Cabinet-Cooler Master K380 - 1k
Asus DVD RW drive (internal) - 0.5k

23k total.

How much can I expect for

i5 6500
16gb Ddr4 Gskill Ripjaws
Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3 motherboard
Seasonic 620w PSU
Gigabyte GTX1070 Gaming G1
Corsair Carbide 100r cabinet
Rosewill 3.5inch front bay multiple card reader with 4 USB 3.0 ports

Exactly man....still people expect 25-30k for 1080ti....when one can get 2070 super for that price and people think they are being low balled. Even 2 year old flagship gpu are selling for like half the price.

earlier they were going for 12-13k avg AFAIK....now it will drop further as 1660ti has come to a level of 15-16k.
Yeah prices will go lower when stock of new models replenishes. It may take some time but we'll get more stock of new gpus while old used gpus will get even worse value. But it's their money so their loss. I definitely am not falling for their pricing crap.
It will be valued below or just about 20k imo. It's just an estimated worth in my mind. You can always try selling for more. There's no harm.
And by new 3080 build if you mean you want to re-use this old system then it probably won't work. Your i5 CPU won't be able to handle it. Just in case you didn't know.
How much can I expect for

i5 6500
16gb Ddr4 Gskill Ripjaws
Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3 motherboard
Seasonic 620w PSU
Gigabyte GTX1070 Gaming G1
Corsair Carbide 100r cabinet
Rosewill 3.5inch front bay multiple card reader with 4 USB 3.0 ports
RAM specs? Which Seasonic 620? S or M model?

I've come across many sellers overvaluing very old components mainly the cpu, motherboard and gpu. Just in case you are interested in them, please compare the specs with newer models and check the performance difference then make your offer.
Cash is king. As long as people are ready to pay these "ridiculous prices", they'll continue to stay at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back