(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
these have very bad rep for getting memory very hot.....i would rather buy a 3070 for less price.
It's fine and within specification of GDDR6X. It's meant to run HOT.

1618248193170.png

It starts to throttle at 110C anything below is within limits and fine. Don't compare to older cards which are GDDR6/5X/5 it's nothing alike.

if you see that green highlighted part it says storage temp not operating temp.
Storage temp is the outer casing of the chip. storage temp = the memory chip -- read clause 3 --- tells you how the temp is read for the outside of the case for the memory chip.
Operating Conditions -- not storage conditions...
The outer case temp is fine up to 125C --- the inner core temp will definitely be hotter. And hence the 110C throttle point. It's within the specifications.

RTX 3090 Suprim X on ETH mining and external temperature probing. Would show lower on external case but in Tj (memory junction) it shows 105C which is inside the chip.
1618249969091.png
1618249987429.png

122MH/s and well within specs. As I said it's fine for GDDR6X. Research more and you'll know. I know looking at the history and the number 100+C would not normally strike as normal but it is for GDDR6X.

Storage temp is the outer casing of the chip. storage temp = the memory chip -- read clause 3 --- tells you how the temp is read for the outside of the case for the memory chip.
Operating Conditions -- not storage conditions...
The outer case temp is fine up to 125C --- the inner core temp will definitely be hotter. And hence the 110C throttle point. It's within the specifications.

RTX 3090 Suprim X on ETH mining and external temperature probing. Would show lower on external case but in Tj (memory junction) it shows 105C which is inside the chip.
View attachment 103889View attachment 103890

122MH/s and well within specs. As I said it's fine for GDDR6X. Research more and you'll know. I know looking at the history and the number 100+C would not normally strike as normal but it is for GDDR6X.
you may be right and i am not an expert.....not in a mood to browse internet for this.....peace out

I've seen MSI Ventus 2070S with 2.5yrs warranty go for 30.5k from a reliable second hand seller.

PS - This was in January. Not sure about the impact of inflation then.
It wasn't inflated back then. Things started getting bad from February and are at their peak right now, imo.

I've seen MSI Ventus 2070S with 2.5yrs warranty go for 30.5k from a reliable second hand seller.

PS - This was in January. Not sure about the impact of inflation then.
There is a local guy here who sourced components from online community platforms and selling for a huge profit. RTX 2070S for 50k. RTX 3060 for 65k.

There is a local guy here who sourced components from online community platforms and selling for a huge profit. RTX 2070S for 50k. RTX 3060 for 65k.
I saw the item for sale on the seller's whatsapp group. The only time I tried to buy a GPU, I called them 5 minutes after listing and the item was gone. Thankfully, I have not seen GPUs here sell for outrageous prices. Facebook on the other hand :rolleyes: .

He's only one half of the problem, the other half are the people buying it at these rates.
True. From what I've seen, most of these buyers are hardcore miners. They'll probably make back the extra money they paid in less than a year. I don't see prices coming down anytime soon if the situation continues. It is kind of funny because growing up I've always thought Indians were absolute beasts when it comes to bargaining. Most of my relatives would rather die than pay full price for anything on the market lol. We have brought shame upon our ancestors by paying 40, 50 percent extra for something that costs 30-40k.

Desperate times need desperate measures dude. I'm sure people didn't buy because they wanted to. Rather they need to since the market is screwed and most blame should go to the gpu makers themselves.

How much can I expect for a Corsair H100i Elite Capellix White (240mm)? Hasn't been launched in India yet, won it in a giveaway, still unused

If it was for gaming I'm sure they didn't need to. But for professional work, yeah. But who am I to comment on if gaming is a need for someone, maybe they had dough to burn. Unwise, but I don't care if they don't care. Only problem is, buying will keep up the high prices.

Can someone please tell me the price at which the GTX 1660 Super is going for online or local? I'm seeing only 40k+ ranges online and put a few thousands more and I can get the 3060.
What graphics card can I get in 25k? Please don't say only GTX 1650 lol. The next step above the 1650/S is the 1660 which I can't find and then the 1660S is available online.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back