The iOS Jailbreak / Cydia apps and tweaks thread

raksrules

Elite
In this thread we can discuss the various jailbreak tweaks and cydia apps that we got on our iOS devices. We can also put information about the new apps/tweaks that arrive. People having queries about jailbreaking can ask them here. You can also list what JB stuff you have installed on your phone to make your device experience better. Might help us discover new tweaks and apps that we never knew about.
Nevertheless i can say that i will find very difficult to go back to stock iOS after using a jailbroken iPhone.

Some of the tweaks i use on my iPhone 4S...

1. Accelerate - Change the speed of animations in iOS. The default one, although smooth is slow, so i use this to make it faster. You also have option to make the animations slower that what the stock provides.

2. Action Menu - Provides advanced cut, copy, paste and add to favorites for text fields almost anywhere.

3. Activator - Gesture controls almost anywhere including lockscreen.

4. Adblocker - Used to block ads in safari and other apps as well. Blocks iAds too.

5. AnyAttach - iOS by default only allows photos (and may be videos, dont know) to an email. With AnyAttach one can attach ANY file in any format to an email.

6. AppInfo - Give information about all apps installed on your device and is a simpler way to go into the directory of a specific app as it is cumbersome to go there through iFile since the names are gibberish and not actual app names for the folders.

7. Bolt - I use this to hide the battery symbol on top right of the device. Only percentage is shown. But when phone is put to charging, a small blue bolt will be displayed indicating that the device is charging.

8. Safari / Chrome Download manager - Both are separate tweaks, Download managers for Safari and Chrome browsers.

9. Cleverpin - Very convenient for me. When phone is connected to a known wifi network, it won't ask for pin everytime we try to unlock (provided you have set pin unlocking).

10. Color Profiles - We know that many iPhone 4S and even iPhone 5 came with a weird yellow tint or as some say, warmer color screen. This was bothering for many people including me (especially after using iPhone 4 screen). This tweak can set a color profile for the device and i set it to blue and adjusted the saturation or whatever as per my requirement.

11. Cydelete - Delete cydia apps (only ones that have icons) like you delete other normal apps (hold, wiggle, click the cross).

12. DietBulletin - Recently discovered this and love it. When i get a notification, i dont get that top bar which protrudes outside the status bar, instead notifications come now in status bar and scroll till the end, bet it SMS or whatever. Size of the notifications is exactly same as status bar.

13. Display Out - Use this to get the display of my iPhone to TV, not just default video player but entire iPhone screen is mirrored on the TV.

14. iCaughtU pro - Sort of anti theft and tracking

15. iKeywi - Top get a fifth top row on the stock keyboard. You can customize what you want on this additional line, i am using the numbers 1..0

16. Infinifolders - To put more than the stock 12 (or 16 ??) app icons per folder. Have read that folder enhancer is better.

17. KillBackground - In the task switcher, comes a small red cross (like the danger skeleton head) to close all apps in one shot.

18. LockInfo - Cannot live without this, displays all my notifications and reminders and calendar entries on the lockscreen. Super helpful for me.

19. NCSettings - The best and most used tweak for me. Don't know why apple never implemented this. Quick toggles on the notification center. Remember it is not a point to actual setting but it is an actual toggle. Implementation of this tweak is awesome, blends so well with iOS.

20. Safari Download enabler - User to enable downloading in Safari browser.

21. StatusBarCustomClock4 - I use it to get Day, date and time in the status bar. By default iOS only shows Time.

22. SwipeShiftCaret - Makes text editing easier because of convenient scrolling in the text.

23. Zephyr - This is the ultimate tweak if you want to save the HOME button. Gesture controls for bringing up task switcher and dismissing the applications. I totally love this.

24. Zeppelin - I use this to the hide the "Vodafone IN" text from status bar. One can replace the carrier name with some symbols etc but i chose to do away with it completely

25. 3G Unrestrictor - I use this to enable FaceTime over 3G. But one can use for other apps as well like photostream or icloud backup which on stock iOS works only over wifi.

26. iBlacklist - I use this to block calls and SMSes from known spam numbers.

27. iTransmission - Use this to download torrents on your iOS device.

28. iFile - Master tweak, very important to navigate the file system. Must have.

29. Cyntact - Shows profile pictures in contact list

30. EZDecline - Gives you the ACCEPT and DECLINE buttons on screen when a call comes. Stupid of apple to not have such a basic thing. Slide to answer...WTF

31. Five Icon Dock - As the name suggest.

32. Gridlock - Move icons and place them at location you want. iOS won't shift the other icons when you move of them.

33. NoNewsIsGoodNews - Hides the useless newsstand icon.

34. No Passcode Block - Does not disable the phone when you enter the wrong passcode N number of times.

35. ProTube 2 - Download youtube videos

Phew....long list

Here are a few more

AutoLSMusicControls - When music is playing, the lock screen shows the music controls first

BrightnessFix for iOS 6 - Fixes the brightness issue after respring

Chromizer - Makes chrome better by allowing lots of tabs instead of 8
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363183875.743610.jpg

Delete Contact - Delete contacts on the contacts page instead of going into each contact
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363183960.151489.jpg

FolderEnhancer - Ability to have more than 12 icons per folder, with paging like the home screen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363184015.625297.jpg

IAPFree - Allows free in app purchases in many apps so no more paying :D

iOS 6.x Weather App Fix - Fixes the weather app issue in many phones which happens after jailbreak using evasi0n

iSHSHit - Saves your SHSH blobs on Cydia server

LandscapeVideos - plays videos in landscape irrespective or orientation settings

MultiIconMover - Move more than one icon at one between pages/folders

PasswordPilot - Automatically enters your AppStore password when asked for it.

PhotoAlbums+ for iPhone/iPod - Move photos into albums instead of just creating links. So the photos moved no longer appear in the camera roll. Also it creates USB mapping for the folders. You can put password on individual photo folders or on a set of folders, when doing the later the folders will not be visible to anyone without a password
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363184067.224901.jpg

QuickPhoto - Send more than photo at once in iMessage, whatsapp, etc
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363184198.713831.jpg

SpotDict - The spotlight search now also becomes a dictionary search
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363184277.731990.jpg

Springtomize 2 - iOS 5 & 6 - Change springboard icons/ NC or anything springboard related

UnlimTones - Download ringtones after previewing them. The downloaded ringtones get automatically added to the phones default ringtones set

Unlock iOS6 Maps - Enables all blocked features like navigation in iOS maps irrespective of country

vshare/AppCake - installous alternate. Though it will not add the apps to the iTunes library in your system. You will have to use an app like ifunbox to manually transfer the download ipa files

Who said you couldn't customize your iPhone? Next time all I have to do is direct the Apple-haters to this thread.

No one said you can't. But, everyone said you can't without jailbreaking, and that is a fact.

You don't need to root Android to do any customisation.

No one said you can't. But, everyone said you can't without jailbreaking, and that is a fact.

You don't need to root Android to do any customisation.
They end up rooting it most of the time anyways.
People should learn to live by one philosophy, "To each their own"

iOS does lack many things which is sort of natural and presumed for android and that is a fact. What we iOS users are doing is just trying to make our devices more useful in a way it makes our life easier. Not wanting to show that vs android, iPhone can also be customized and all.
But anyone who has jailbroken their iOS device knows that going back to stock is very difficult.

I am using some tweaks like Zephyr which has become such a natural part that i am not sure what would happen if the phone was not jailbroken. Happened with me when i used my dad's 3GS over the weekend and tried to flick from bottom of the screen to dismiss the app and voila nothing happened. Then i realized his phone is not jailbroken. :rolleyes:

Lockinfo is something which is immensely beneficial to me. I am someone who keeps hell lot of reminders and stock iOS does provide this feature but LockInfo just brings them to my lock screen and they are always there reminding me everytime i unlock my phone.

Same goes with NCSettings. Those toggles if iOS never had (jailbroken), i would envy android even more. They are godsend.

I especially like those tweaks more which blend with the iOS to give a sort of stock feeling and not showing anything separately. Like NCSettings.

I have a JB'ed ipod touch running Cydia. For some reason my interface has become a little laggy after the JB. Anybody faced something like this or is this just a one off case?

I have a JB'ed ipod touch running Cydia. For some reason my interface has become a little laggy after the JB. Anybody faced something like this or is this just a one off case?

What tweaks / cydia apps you have installed in your touch ? That will help us in drilling what might be the cause of lag. Jialbreak by itself may or may not be responsible for lag.
Btw what portion of the interaction with device are you facing lag ?

What issues are you having ?

i am using it on my ipadmini and its working perfectly, dont seem to have any issue

The top 2 rows appear in some weird language. Even when I make changes it doesn't seem to help. Will try it out again soon to see if I can get it to work but I don't type too much on this right now so I am fine with the stock iOS keyboard. Really miss Smart Keyboard from Android.

^ AND the customization possible even after jailbreaking is extremely limited compared to android. And I own an iPad 4.

@raksrules Also guys, how does iapfree work? I installed it and after that tried buying some things in temple run 2 jetpack joyride etc and it worked. But I'm now worried, is it because of the app or is appstore going to charge me later on?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ AND the customization possible even after jailbreaking is extremely limited compared to android. And I own an iPad 4.

@raksrules Also guys, how does iapfree work? I installed it and after that tried buying some things in temple run 2 jetpack joyride etc and it worked. But I'm now worried, is it because of the app or is appstore going to charge me later on?

I have tried them all and they work without an issue, but then I have not saved any payment information in iTunes so they can't charge me.

True about not lot of customizations but the job done by jail breakers and the people who develop cydia apps is commendable.

What tweaks / cydia apps you have installed in your touch ? That will help us in drilling what might be the cause of lag. Jialbreak by itself may or may not be responsible for lag.
Btw what portion of the interaction with device are you facing lag​
When i swipe the screen to unlock the Ipod, when i want to change the song which is playing, going through pictures etc. Small small instances but there is a lag nonetheless.

When i swipe the screen to unlock the Ipod, when i want to change the song which is playing, going through pictures etc. Small small instances but there is a lag nonetheless.
Ok i am not sure about that lag as i don't face any.
There is a way to sort of minimize your issue here. Install the tweak called "Accelerate". With this tweak, you can make iOS animations faster or slower and if you make it faster, it will give you an appearance that your phone has become fast. Try and see and if you don't like you can remove it.

Back