The magic of tubes

Chaos

Skilled
Got a "Lync" valve preamplifier for my audio setup from Lyrita Audio. which is now complete. I'm gonna sit on this for a while until i get better speakers.

Watching the vacuum tubes glow in the dark when listening to music is mesmerizing and an experience in itself. Plus the sound.... OMG its absolutely heavenly. The midrange is velvety smooth and to die for. They say valves are the only way to enjoy music and frankly having experienced it. The tubes drive my headphone effortlessly and sound better than any commercial headphone amp I've heard so far.

Anyway I will control my superlatives for now and let the pics do the talking.

My Audio rack

Citypulse DA7.2x DAC->Lyrita Audio Lync Preamplifier->McCormack DNA-125 power amp->Jamo E855 Floorstanders

The preamp powers my Sennheiser HD650 directly as well.

bottle said:
congrats, i guess this should give you a good focus on where to go next

Hehehe yea mostly focussing towards the Focus 220 :p. However gonna first look at deals on audiogon. Might be able to snag a better speaker for cheap.

@spacescreamer: Can't take a video cos I dont have a video camera. My SLR can't take videos.

Ah nice its finally here :) heh those vacuum tubes are small (not that you needed somethin bigger) .. when i think of vacuum tubes only the ENIAC comes to my mind.

Chaos said:
Here are the MSRPs

Speakers: 45k
Headphones: 30k
DAC: 24k
Preamp: 22k
Power Amp: 110k
Sound Card: 7k
Cables: ~10k

huh...quite a cheap setup, :bleh: , can never think of owning such a setup, anyways congrats for the purchase, though i have no idea what exactly you have bought, :tongue: , but if you are impressed then it certainly would be good.

Sweet Chaos, its finally here!

Btw any noticable difference in the bass? I've heard that it tends to get a tad muddled from its usual punchy self with due to the poor dynamics of a Valve amp.

Tried anything quick and pacy on it?

Oh and btw is that McCormack a Push-Pull? :p

^^no. single-ended output, EI transformer, decent components (no exotics tho). Rock-solid performer, a really good amplifier for even the MSRP, let alone the fact that Zhops and Chaos both got solid deals on it.

I tried quick and pacy stuff on it, and it's got very good rythm, if that's yur question. The room was a little poor and the bass didn't come through very well, but nearfield it was really nice and balanced.

@Chaos: good call on the tube preamp. Enjoy your purchase!

sangram said:
^^no. single-ended output, EI transformer, decent components (no exotics tho). Rock-solid performer, a really good amplifier for even the MSRP, let alone the fact that Zhops and Chaos both got solid deals on it.

I tried quick and pacy stuff on it, and it's got very good rythm, if that's yur question. The room was a little poor and the bass didn't come through very well, but nearfield it was really nice and balanced.

@Chaos: good call on the tube preamp. Enjoy your purchase!
Umm, nope I was actually wondering whether the valve pre-amp would let the rhythm down a bit.

I've heard the McCormack alone btw w/o the pre-amp and it has a great soundstage from the few minutes of listening I managed.

Back