Laptops The MSI India Notebook Thread

Dear All,

This is the MSI India notebook thread. If you have any queries w.r.t. availability, pricing and our support policies in India, please feel free to drop myself and/ or @rhyansy a PM.

We will be regularly updating it with the current offerings in the Indian market (with pricing), any exciting offers / promotions, giveaways we are running for you folks.

This thread is not to compare MSI notebooks with other brands / belittle other brands or to put any purchase queries in here. This thread is solely for information's sake.

I thank you all for your time and your cooperation.

Regards and Best Wishes,
The MSI India NB Team

MSI-Backgrounds.jpg

Ever felt like wanting to game on the go, but most of the notebooks available for lowered budgets are either skimping on the configuration or simply are not geared towards gaming. Well worry no more,

Introducing the GL62 line of MSi gaming notebooks.

2016 IN GL622.jpg

Salient features of the series are,
  • Latest Core 6th Gen Core i7 processors + HM170 chipset
  • DDR4 RAM (up-to 32GB)
  • Steelseries keyboard
  • Nahimic Audio Enhancer (Virtual 7.1 surround on headphones, bass boost)
  • NVIDIA GTX950M / 960M variant(s)

GAMING STARTS HERE!

We are currently running a special introductory offer where you are eligible to get a free gaming mouse + gaming bag*

The GL62 is available at all major metro's via our distributor Acro Engineering plus online at Amazon.in and flipkart.

*Till stocks last

Last edited:
Unleash the Limitations with MSI GT83VR Titan SLI
The World’s Highest Performance Notebook for Perfect VR and 4K experience

As the leading brand of the gaming industry, MSI is always ahead of others in meeting gamers’ needs by introducing the most up-to-date solutions and offering the most complete range of gaming features for extreme gamers. The company has just launched GT83VR Titan SLI series featuring the latest Graphics generation with an SLI platform design. To maintain stable and highly efficient VR performance of the new GeForce® GTX 1080 SLI and GeForce® GTX 1070 SLI, the new GT83VR Titan series includes the latest cooling system with an advanced thermal capability called the Cooler Boost Titan. This series also features fascinating SteelSeries mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switch, Hi-Fi sound system and Nahimic 2 sound technology to deliver the best gaming experience ever.

2rmy5qb.jpg

Full-size Mechanical Keyboard with Changeable Keycap Design
Cherry MX Brown Switch is the most wanted switch with standard keycap height. The construction and the strict tolerance level during the manufacturing process are critical factors when creating an amazing tactile feeling and performance consistency even after long-term use. The advantage of Cherry MX Brown Switch is that users can easily find different kinds of compatible keycaps to replace the original ones and transform the keyboard into the look they ever dreamed of.

301pkcg.png

Extremely Efficient Cooling Design
The “Cooler Boost Titan” cooling design is the key for extreme SLI graphics platform. In case of GT83VR Titan SLI, Cooler Boost Titan consists of three enhanced fans. Two Whirlwind fans with 29 blades and one more extra 23-blade fan increase the airflow by 30% at the same RPM for dual GPUs and CPU. Independent thermal solution with a total of 15 heat pipes makes sure that the overclocked CPU keeps its highest performance while maintaining the best SLI graphics output of the mobile platform. Having such a powerful cooling design promises best VR and 4K gaming experience. Users may also overclock the system with the Turbo Mode. For laptops packed with Intel® Core i7 6820HK processor, gamers will be able to push the performance to the top by setting the CPU and GPU clock manually to their highest overclocking capabilities. Cooler Boost Titan will limit the system’s temperature so that the latest CPU and GPU can demonstrate their maximum performance with no throttling.

2j4vk36.png

i have a query,what is the reason for exorbitant gaming lappy prices in india?
i am not saying MSI laptops are poorly priced,but compared to u.s where gaming laptop specs are close to an assembled desktop why cant it happen to india?high customs??

i have a query,what is the reason for exorbitant gaming lappy prices in india?
i am not saying MSI laptops are poorly priced,but compared to u.s where gaming laptop specs are close to an assembled desktop why cant it happen to india?high customs??

Mainly government taxes and varying foreign exchange rates affect the pricing.

Unbelievably Smooth Gameplay in 3 x 4K @60Hz Surround Mode
GT83VR expands the field of sight for extreme gaming experience to further level. Embrace immersive gaming experience by expanding your gaming real estate across 3 external displays in 4K UHD resolution using the latest surround mode technology. MSI GT83VR has an innovative design of pure discrete graphics mode. The Matrix Display on GT83VR therefore can run up to 3 external 4K displays, through HDMI (4K@60Hz) compatible port, Mini DisplayPort 1.2 and Thunderbolt 3* (Type-C port), plus the laptop built-in display simultaneously. Multi-tasking is made possible even during the most competitive gameplay. When connecting the laptop to external displays, Matrix Display supports 4K output with a resolution up to 3840 x 2160 @60Hz. MSI Matrix Display and the Latest Surround Mode technologies create an ideal environment for extreme gaming experience and pleasant entertainment.

2pt2gsg.png

The Best Platform to Experience VR and MR
Being the only one certified by NVIDIA, Intel and VIVE, MSI is the 1st VR ready gaming laptop brand which provides an exceptionally smooth and powerful mobile platform for the most immersive virtual reality experience. It’s time to step into the next generation of VR: MR, or Mixed Reality. Just imagine how stirring it will be for the onlookers or the audience of a streaming platform to be able to see what it's like to blast drones inside Space Pirate Trainer or pet a robotic dog inside The Lab. The best part is that you don’t have to worry about the additional requirement of performance since MR brings an impressive experience solely with MSI GT83VR Titan SLI. This laptop will improve the space in your gaming-room as well as let you fully enjoy VR no matter where you go.

33tm7aw.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-31_21-44-51.png
    upload_2016-10-31_21-44-51.png
    757.4 KB · Views: 302
Yes @skylake We have the i7 7th generation (Kabylake) version of CX62 7QL available in India, and is priced at Rs 53,990/-
It has got nVidia Geforce GTX 940MX, 2GB GDDR5, 15.6" FHD, Antiglare (1920*1080 eDP Vivd Color 94%), 4GB DDR4, 1TB SATA, Cooler boost technology for cooling and also supports Matrix display upto 2 external displays.

But currently it is only available offline with our Partners, soon will be available on online portals like Amazon, Flipkart, Etc.
We will also notify the same here.

Any tentative date for availability of MSI CX62 7QL with online retailers? I need to buy one urgently. New year discounts will be coming soon on online retailers.

Any chances it might come before year end?

Do you guys have any laptops under 60k?
Yes @skylake We have the i7 7th generation (Kabylake) version of CX62 7QL available in India, and is priced at Rs 53,990/-
It has got nVidia Geforce GTX 940MX, 2GB GDDR5, 15.6" FHD, Antiglare (1920*1080 eDP Vivd Color 94%), 4GB DDR4, 1TB SATA, Cooler boost technology for cooling and also supports Matrix display upto 2 external displays.

But currently it is only available offline with our Partners, soon will be available on online portals like Amazon, Flipkart, Etc.
We will also notify the same here.

Any laptop under 60k with at least a Gt940?
Also DVD drive will be helpful as I plan to install a second HDD/SSD

I saw the CX62 7QL,do you people seriously have a 7th i7 option for 53,000,consider it sold dude.

Where I can pick it in Delhi

Also any other budget notebook?

Last edited:
Any tentative date for availability of MSI CX62 7QL with online retailers? I need to buy one urgently. New year discounts will be coming soon on online retailers.

Any chances it might come before year end?

Hi @Tanuj Gambhir

The CX62-7QL is available online one

Amazon.in
http://www.amazon.in/MSI-CX62-7QL-15-6-inch-i7-7500U/dp/B01N64XLAT/

Snapdeal.com
https://www.snapdeal.com/product/msi-15-cx62-7ql-notebook/674326414731

PAYTM
https://paytm.com/shop/p/msi-cx62-7...aphics-black-LAPMSI-CX62-7QLAMAZ29104D4B4FA2D

The IT DEPOT
https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...+4GB,+1TB,+GTX+940MX+2GB+GDDR3)_C9P27788.html

Do you guys have any laptops under 60k?

Any laptop under 60k with at least a Gt940?
Also DVD drive will be helpful as I plan to install a second HDD/SSD

I saw the CX62 7QL,do you people seriously have a 7th i7 option for 53,000,consider it sold dude.

Where I can pick it in Delhi

Also any other budget notebook?

Hi @PHOENiX117 ,

The CX62-7QL is also available offline in Delhi with Lapcom Computers (Nehru Place, New Delhi) - MR. Manoj Gupta - +91-9871229628
Also in Mumbai Yogesh Computers (Lamington Road, Mumbai) - Mr Ankit - +91-9819813443.

Last edited:
@Abhay.MSI

Any other options at 60k range?

Info on warranty?

Hi @PHOENiX117,

Currently This is the only MSI model under 60k range.

Also Regarding the Warranty - 1 year Global warranty from MSI

At Regenersis India Pvt Ltd at 11 Locations in 10 Cities. This service provider is the same as One Plus, Dell and Asus.

You can check out the link for further details regarding service centers:

https://www.techenclave.com/communi...nding-availability-of-service-centers.182010/

Last edited:
Hi @PHOENiX117,

Currently This is the only MSI model under 60k range.

Also Regarding the Warranty - 1 year Global warranty from MSI

At Regenersis India Pvt Ltd at 11 Locations in 10 Cities. This service provider is the same as One Plus, Dell and Asus.

You can check out the link for further details regarding service centers:

https://www.techenclave.com/communi...nding-availability-of-service-centers.182010/

1 year global warranty?
any other msi products with the same?motherboards?gpus??

1 year global warranty?
any other msi products with the same?motherboards?gpus??

The MSI warranty scene is unbelievably bad bro. Look at the threads. I have had terrible experiences myself. If the product fails and if you have to give it for RMA, you can be certain the product is going to be returned to you in dismal shape with more problems than you started off with.

And if they are unable to rectify it, they will give a refurbished product in poor cosmetic condition and you will have no option but to take it. I have had terrible experiences myself. RMA process is extremely long. It took me almost three months to get it back.

Look at the thread: https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/msi-support-horrible.181546/

There are so many people who complain of exactly this thing. It might look like I am on a crusade against MSI (I, actually sort of am) but more than that, it understand the pain of having spent close to 30k on a motherboard and being treated as asswipes.

The MSI warranty scene is unbelievably bad bro. Look at the threads. I have had terrible experiences myself. If the product fails and if you have to give it for RMA, you can be certain the product is going to be returned to you in dismal shape with more problems than you started off with.

And if they are unable to rectify it, they will give a refurbished product in poor cosmetic condition and you will have no option but to take it. I have had terrible experiences myself. RMA process is extremely long. It took me almost three months to get it back.

Look at the thread: https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/msi-support-horrible.181546/

There are so many people who complain of exactly this thing. It might look like I am on a crusade against MSI (I, actually sort of am) but more than that, it understand the pain of having spent close to 30k on a motherboard and being treated as asswipes.

Hi @soulweaver ,

I totally understand your point and the issues you had to face regarding RMA with MSI notebooks before,
But to reassure you, we have totally revamped our RMA service by tying up with Regenersis, one the best in the service industry, who is also supporting Dell, One plus, Asus, few of the many brands.

@soulweaver

I know about the problems surrounding MSI support and once lost a month old 11k motherboard too,as I ignored the Msi support completely and brought a new one.

nothing much can go wrong when it comes to a Laptop, they are Offering international warranty on the notebooks now,only Brand after EVGA to attempt this feat in India,I will give them a second chance,plus they currently have the only Laptop under 60k range that fills my needs.

@Abhay.MSI
Can I buy the notebook cx62 from amazon.in
Also what's the lowest price I can expect? And will upgrading the laptop ,replacing the DVD drive with a second HDD void my warranty?

I will upgrade the notebook with a 2tb HDD/16Gb Ram/256Gb SSD

Also you did not answer my previous question

As you said Msi has global warranty,so does it apply on Computer components purchased from U.S too?

Back