The name is HD.......

Shripad

ex-Mod
After 2 months of wait thanks to production issues which lead to delayed pre-order fulfillment of Desire HDs from HTC, finally received this on Friday.

Hopefully this will tide me over until the dual core madness hits the phone scene.

img3809cv.jpg

img3811be.jpg

img3814v.jpg

img3816q.jpg

img3817cq.jpg

Overall very impressive built quality. The screen is somehow not as bad as gsmarena made it out to be. I do have the matt screen protector on, but even then angles are fine. Feels like a metal slab in hand. Very solid and blazingly fast and smooth to operate.

Havent had time to put it through the paces yet properly. Yet to checkout the cam and other stuff. But I think it will be extremely difficult to go back to smaller screens now :p

I mean I thought 4inch is plenty. And then this comes along, and after using it for just 1 day, I love the bigger screen. :eek:hyeah:

sarang said:
Congrats! Looks monstrous, how "carryable" is it?

Very, in person this is hardly any bigger than Galaxy S thanks to almost non existing bezel. . No issues carrying it in pocket. But yeah its little on heavy side. No issues for those who carry it in pant pocket or on belt. Might be too heavy for top pocket users.

Shripad said:
Very, in person this is hardly any bigger than Galaxy S thanks to almost non existing bezel. . No issues carrying it in pocket. But yeah its little on heavy side. No issues for those who carry it in pant pocket or on belt. Might be too heavy for top pocket users.

Yes HTC has cleverly used the bezel space sacrificing the front facing sec. cam

Surprised at the 3rd pic. Viewing angle is excellent as u say :D Drool worthy mighty monster :drool2:

Desire HD: 123 x 68 x 11.8 mm

Galaxy S: 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm

The length is almost similar and only the breadth is slightly longer (<4mm though)

Congrats for Desire HD .:D .

1.How is earpiece volume clarity and strength ?

2.How is speaker volume clarity and strength?

3.How is battery ?

nfsnfs said:
Congrats for Desire HD .:D .

1.How is earpiece volume clarity and strength ?

2.How is speaker volume clarity and strength?

3.How is battery ?
Earpiece volume and clarity are top notch. Didnt notice anything weird.

Speaker volume for ringtones ( built in ) is loud and clear. Speaker phone for voice conversation is also good. But its not suitable at all to listen to music. So if you are one of those who set some MP3 song ringtones, you wont like the volume output with MP3 songs set as ringtones. I use simple ringer tone, and thats properly loud.

Battery is typical super smartphone type. will last you 1 day max. You must plug it into charger before going to sleep.

Awesome? Did you buy it in India with manufacturer warranty? It is due to be out anyday (unless it's already out). What was the price? I know that the HD7 is already out in India, not sure about this though!

Back