The new Beast

kolguy

Adept
After 2 weeks of confusion and uncertainty finally ended up buying 2 of these monsters....

Presenting the Zotac Gtx 460 1 GB in SLI ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

still not completely tested... will post my thoughts as i get to work them more over the weekend.

Run some benchmarks. Might also change -- if the option seems good..!

Which PSU you will use for this.

Awesome purchase dude!!:)

You are absolutely right it is a beast

post the rest of your config here, so we can drool on it a little

now what are you planning to do with the extra POP Forgotten sands DVD?:p

thanks guys

well the rest of the config is

Core i7 930 @ 3.5 Ghz on a corsair H50

Rampage II Gene

6 GB GSKILL RAM 1404 Mhz 8 8 8 20 can probably run better timings but i just leave that at it.

HX 850 .. that is about it couple of Seagate 7200 RPM HDD's probably should get some WD but no ssd's till they mature a little more.

2x Aoc 22' Moniters @ 3840 X 1080 .

I will probably never install the Pop most of my game time goes to Age of Conan... or Eve.

kolguy said:
thanks guys

well the rest of the config is

Core i7 930 @ 3.5 Ghz on a corsair H50

Rampage II Gene

6 GB GSKILL RAM 1404 Mhz 8 8 8 20 can probably run better timings but i just leave that at it.

HX 850 .. that is about it couple of Seagate 7200 RPM HDD's probably should get some WD but no ssd's till they mature a little more.

2x Aoc 22' Moniters @ 3840 X 1080 .

I will probably never install the Pop most of my game time goes to Age of Conan... or Eve.

hmm btw have to try crysis so can to pls post the benchmark soon so let us see also play some lost planet with full dx 11 ;)

Spectre said:
Congrats daa....You crazy bugger :bleh:

Play some real games with it not your age old AOC or Eve :p

weren't you supposed to download AOC yesterday ?

will probably try out crysis Warhead ... never got crysis myself. Lost planet will check it later once spectre does the needful.

As i have used this card for about 4 days now i will add some more thoughts from my experience.

Multi-Display Support:

This is were the ATI is better, ati multi display support starts when the system boots so i get dual display in bios , not needed but nice to have.

The GTX 460 this starts working only after i get to the desktop.

Another point in question is screen transition , with ati this is much smother, eg: i am playing a game in one monitor and i got firefox opened on another with ati i wont notice when i move the mouse from the game to firefox with nvdia there is some flickering when i do this.

Guess this is the power of eyefinity.

Image Quality:

The image Quality in game is much better with the GTX 460 sli then with the ati 5850, the 460 seems crisper, although this might not be a fair judgement i prefer it this way.

Raid Performance(Age of Conan):

The card is truly tested here, in raid there is lot more activity then when i am playing alone, basically the same instance and the same fight in single mode might give me 120 fps but in raid can come down to 10 fps.

GTX 460 beat the hell out of the ati here, it might simply be because of the raw performance power of this card but i am sure the 5850 xfirex would not have come close with ati have had the game crash at dx9 settings but with the gtx460 with dx10 i am able to push 25+ fps(ati doesnt work with dx10 in raid) which is pretty good considering the amount of load on the card.

Back