The Nokia X3 is out.

Well...atleast in the middle east (dubai) it is !....I'm sure it will hit the grey market here (or it already has).

Specs for those who havent seen it : Nokia Europe - Nokia X3 - Specifications

The launch of this is at a sweet spot of ~725-730 dhs. ~9.5k.

So going by this release the X6 should be out in Q1 2010. 5800's price is gonna fall more now as nokia will start preparations to clear stock and launch the X6.

X6 and 5800XM are nowhere related. X6 is going to be a premium phone for Nokia and the expected price is above 28k.

Sales for 5800XM is so high that it won't be good for Nokia if they stop production of this phone.

Hope it releases officially in India soon and at a reasonable price.

I hope there is not another pricing disaster like the N78 and 5530XM.

desiibond said:
X6 and 5800XM are nowhere related. X6 is going to be a premium phone for Nokia and the expected price is above 28k.

Sales for 5800XM is so high that it won't be good for Nokia if they stop production of this phone.

yeah X6 is more like competition to n97 and n97mini . considering its predicted price range it is unlikely to effect 5800xm sales much. :)

thetechmind said:
Well...atleast in the middle east (dubai) it is !....I'm sure it will hit the grey market here (or it already has).

Specs for those who havent seen it : Nokia Europe - Nokia X3 - Specifications

The launch of this is at a sweet spot of ~725-730 dhs. ~9.5k.

So going by this release the X6 should be out in Q1 2010. 5800's price is gonna fall more now as nokia will start preparations to clear stock and launch the X6.

I'm still not too sure about this phone. Why ? Well...

desiibond said:

THIS. 5800XM is there @ 12.5k, 5230XM is there @ 8.5K and both are smartphones and even if these lack ease of use of capacitive screens, people will still buy them.

X3 is a good phone no doubt. Perhaps its the BEST non smartphone. The LG Cookie killer. It even has a browser good enough for people to not beg for opera mobile. But nothing more. At this price many think of going for phones with better computing capabilities.

Back