The ONE!!!!!!!!!

techie_007

Skilled
Just a teaser for now. Planning a review. Only problems: Hardly any benchmarks possible on this thing :2 + batt testing restricted since I gotta give this to someone :p

G@d of w@r said:
how is this laptop compared to 10' intel atom asus eepc.. i have no idea about specs but does this one got optical drive?

1. If you are waiting for a netbook/atom based lappy with an optical drive, wont happen, it just doesnt fit in the form factor + price equation (cos only really thin slot loading one can be stuff in if someone really really wants it but will cost too much ;))

2. Comparisons with the 1000? Wait for a detailed review, but off hand:

- only 3 cell batt (6 cell launched for same price in US, so shud be here soon :), or just buy it later for ~2-3k)

- no bluetooth (can plug in external dongle for say 300-400 of course)

Neither + or -: 9" screen, 1" smaller but same resolution so not much difference, lighter than the 1000 though as a result? or maybe just cos of the design, but its lighter :)

proccy/Chipset/specs: SAME :)

+Bigger HDD (120b on the current one, 160 Gb on the new 6cell batt one for same price :D)

+++++++++ = Price @ 21.75k for almost same features instead of 28k for the 1000 :eek:hyeah: Asus is gonna have to drop prices. Price wars FTW, good for us ;)

Dark Star said:
Huh :| I know , I never referred to that :p Just asked about the OS :p

My mistake then :)

Linux only on the 8G SSD version. Not available in India yet.(coming soon @20k) + as per me, not worth it @ 20k mrp :p 2k more and you get a lot more VFM :D (120 gb + 1Gb RAM + xp)

nice ONE there :D i personally am waiting for another "HTC Shift" kinda UMPC to be released with lower price and better CPU, i love its slide out keyboard and touch screen (from what i've seen online that is)...

G@d of w@r said:
does this one got optical drive?

these days it looks like the optical drive might go the way of the dodo/floppy what with 1TB (and higher) external USB drives (or even affordable external bluray drives in the future?) for storage and you can boot/install Linux via USB flash pendrives too (not sure about Windows).... i have hardly used my DVD recorder drive in the 4 months since I got it...

Back