The Shoe maintenance thread!

What I typically do is use a toothbrush to remove the dirt first and then use wet cloth to wipe it clean. Also detergent works too.
You can improve on it but that's the simplest way to do it. Check out this video and turn on subtitles to get a translation

The title says: They turned so white that I keep asking if I bought new sneakers

Toothpaste: mild abrasive
Bicarb: mild abrasive
Detergent: surfactants

Works like magic when she does it :woot:

One question, how do you store your shoes? Be it sneakers or boots or anything others.
Main requirement is to prevent mold while also preventing dust accumulation.

One question, how do you store your shoes? Be it sneakers or boots or anything others.
Main requirement is to prevent mold while also preventing dust accumulation.
I keep them in shoe cupboard and ensure to use each pair at least once in a month or so. Sometimes dampness can cause odor, so I keep aka expose them to bright sun for the entire day (change their place according to the suns time/direction) Usually I use shoes which are maintenance-free, I dont have any leather shoes which require maintenance .

Like corcs ? just a wipe with wet clothe is enough but they do look ugly some clothes.
I still don't get why crocs are considered stylish... To each his own I guess.

They are useful though, fantastic for the rainy season and also low maintenance, great comfort, but priced super high.

Last edited:
Back