The Sound of the Swans

raksrules said:
Looks neat...

But TBH, Have never heard of these brands. Guess i need to get over creative, altec lansing :p

Me too.. :) great purhcase and the pics and the comp table are not that bad :p

Price? (please don't say priceless:bleh:)

thegame said:
Me too.. :) great purhcase and the pics and the comp table are not that bad :p

Price? (please don't say priceless:bleh:)

Damages are like 5.5k including taxes and shipping .

Source : Promed Instruments Dealers_HiVi,Inc.

Code:
Pro-Med Instruments (P) Ltd.,
Home Theater
Add: 9/1, 18th Avenue,Ashok Nagar,Chennai-600 083
Tel: 0091-44-42132295/42142295	Fax: 0091-44-42010488
sarang said:
Congrats DS!

And please do the speakers a favor and take the lil one off the sub.

Yea will do that very soon, actually there isn't much space left with the 22" and swans m10, so will get a new table soon :)
raksrules said:
Looks neat...

But TBH, Have never heard of these brands. Guess i need to get over creative, altec lansing :p
These are said to be in the league of Klipsch GMX2.1, sounds great, a burning session will make them perform even better :)

Dark Star said:
Let the pics do the talking .

Gonna buy a new table for the setup.

P.s : Sorry for the poor pics :p
Do what I did with the sub when I got a new monitor. Turn it sideways.

dsUf2.jpg

(Ignore the bad setup on my desk. You will not have the same problem.)

I have a uDAC 2 on the way. I'll let you know if I think it improves the sound. Are you currently running them out of the onboard sound card?

^^Yep :p Realteak ALC888 :p

Will change it with RMAed board :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deep16 said:
wAT os u r using ??
Currently running Pardus Linux :p

Code:
shashwat@pardus-linux ~ $ cat /etc/lsb-release 

DISTRIB_ID="Pardus"

DISTRIB_RELEASE="2011"

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Pardus 2011"

DISTRIB_CODENAME=""

shashwat@pardus-linux ~ $

Dark Star said:
^^Yep :p Realteak ALC888 :p

Will change it with RMAed board :p

:lol:

I ran it out of my on-board sound card (ALC889A) for 2 years. The only reason I got the uDAC is because I am upgrading the speakers as well. I have a week where the Swans and the uDAC intersect. After that, the Swans go into a box till my friend is able to pick them up from me.

These are beautiful looking speakers. :D

JPL said:
@Dark Star, Does he stock the entire lineup of multimedia speakers? Are they easy to deal with?
Not all, when I inquired they only had M200 from Swans and told me other shipments will be available after 4months. Later they send me a quote for the M10.

The chaps over at Pro-Med are friendly and very helpful. Actually I was planning to get these speakers in December when they told me they don't have it. Considering the 4months time frame I spent the money and had nothing left. Got his quote in Jan when I was totally broke :p

The guy at Promed kept the speaker for me. Really happy to see such dealers around, keeping the speakers for more than a month on a mere request over phone is really appreciable.

Even during the shipment I bothered them about the delay and they always helped me out by sending the requisite info.

If you want to have some Swans goodies why don't you call them up.

@Gannu : Thanks :) Yea its quite bright but I hardly notice :p

Back