The Ultimate Ultraportable is here!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
This just came in!

Purchase link - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200687789220

More pictures and a review later!

Configuration:-

Intel i7 2620

4 Gb ddr3 1333

320 gb 7200rpm hdd

intel hd 3000 graphics

720p webcam

12.5 inch IPS display with 1366x768 resolution

integrated mobile broadband

wifi , etc

display port , usb 3.0

9 cell battery -- upto 15 hours battery life

1 yr international warranty with complete cover - will extend to 3 years later

A very very very big thank you to both Ciscotech and Soulfire for helping me get this. You guys are awesome!

Welcome to the club :D I see you have the 320gb 7.2k rpm hdd, was browing the site last week and noticed it was no longer available as an option

I got lucky I guess with the 7200rpm drive. I plan on getting an 80 Gb Intel 310 SSD MSata for the boot drive and a Hitachi Z5k500 500 gb 7200 rpm drive for additional storage within a month and will be jacking up the ram to 8 gb gskill. I ordered a pre configured system from Ebay usa. The damage was Rs.51812.

Another 2100 for 8 gb gskill + 180$ for intel msata 310 ssd 80gb + 100$ for the hitachi z5k500 hdd. Those are yet to come.

^Comes with one hdd bay and one m-sata slot.

sunny I think it only has space for a 7mm hdd or something, will the 500gig fit ?

It comes with one hdd and you can attach a msata ssd in it. the problem is , the x220 can only accommodate 7mm hard drives. the traditional ones are 9mm or 9mm+ so currently only seagate and hitachi have a few drives which are 7mm in size and the maximum available capacity for this class of hdds is 500gb.

The hard drive I am upgrading to is a 7mm hitachi z5k500 drive. http://www.hitachigst.com/internal-drives/mobile/travelstar/travelstar-z5k500

Yoooohooooooooo!! Congrats!!!!! I have a PIMPED up i5 with 8 gigs of RAM, Premium IPS HD Screen, 128 GIG Samsung series 9 SSD, 250 GB 5400 rpm HDD, FP Reader, Webcam AND Bluetooth!!!!!!!!!

It's a FANTASTIC laptop and I love the keyboard.

And yes, the warranty is valid in India! So ENJOY!

In Car Superfast express delivery. :D Just delivered the beast to sunny half an hour ago.

Congrats man. Now get msata and system will fly. :)

^^^Thanks man for everything! Damn meetings at work place. but posted some pics all the same. will review it in a couple of days. cant believe its here finally - finally a dream comes true - dazed and exhausted with work and sleepless nights.

Thanks a lot everyone. ordered 4 gb of corsair ddr3 ram from flipkart managed to setup the laptop beginning benchmarks.

Back