The vaccine chaos

Actually did that, but most of the NGOs don't have necessary permissions to hire foreign manpower.
We even tried through our organization, but didn't get any response from government of India. I've written an email to CM if Bengal, she may allow us after 2nd May ( I really didn't understand her reply completely.. something to do with election)

@2nd May, election result will be out.

Govts. may be worried that the actual data not the fudged one, mismanagement, cluelessness, etc. will be exposed to foreign media. They've right to be worried.

As a person who got vaccinated just after 4th day of getting out of Covid19 +ve quarantine, your comments here are curiously interesting reads for me.

Last edited:
Of course we will be signing a non disclosure agreement.
Our (only) incentive however will be data collection and will try to release articles after 6 months.
Finally got clearance...Mamata didi will allow us to enter Kolkata, don't know about the details, but we're ready and all packed up, should reach kolkata by 3rd ( now waiting for another PCR report) 2 backed out due to personal issues. Except me, none has been to India before. My wife is still undecided...and I'm not pressurising her ( she had some issues during our last trip to India)

Last edited:
Landed and stuck @ Mumbai airport from 7 in the morning.
Hope didi didn't forget about us after winning the election!! Our connecting flight to kolkata was at 7:15 Hrs and naturally we missed it. Indigo is supposed to carry us at 20:30 Hrs, let's see. The phone number given to us is constantly busy..

Landed and stuck @ Mumbai airport from 7 in the morning.
Hope didi didn't forget about us after winning the election!! Our connecting flight to kolkata was at 7:15 Hrs and naturally we missed it. Indigo is supposed to carry us at 20:30 Hrs, let's see. The phone number given to us is constantly busy..
Till then call some te guys around and have a airport meet.

Kolkata is much cooler compared to what I was anticipating!! It feels so nice to breathe in the air...India has this unique smell ( definitely not pollution or anything bad) that simply doesn't exist anywhere.
CM finally called at 02:00 Hrs, when does she sleep? Today is our rest day...will start from PG hospital tomorrow.

@red dragon Sir. Need your advice. I have skin allergies (Deodorants, Volini spray, sunscreens give rashes which clear out in a week without medication) and eating maggi gives mouth ulcers and swelling on lips. I can consume all other food items safely. Can you please suggest if I should be taking a vaccine or point me to the type of doctor which can help me determine by tests (family doctor is clueless on this).

Please don't hurry to get a vaccine now. Wait out for few weeks. If and when things settle down a bit. No one can predict an allergic reaction.
At least get the vaccine in a safe environment where they have adrenaline etc.

Back