Graphic Cards Thermal Paste for GPU

saumik_

Adept
Ok so my R9 270x PCS+ idles around 35c-40c, on games like FIFA14 it hits 65c, however for taxing new age games like FIFA15 or Grid2 it goes all the way up to 90c. if I put the fan on 100% then between 80c to 85c.
I run on 1440p hence the extra juice required.

Intake/Exhaust fans on the cabinet are not really helping.
So I'm planning to change the stock paste on the card. What should I go for
CM Fusion X1
Artic Silver 5
Deepcool z5

You might want to be careful since there are thermal pads that interface the RAM chips with the heatsink, and those aren't easily replaceable.

The Vram temps are fine at around 50-60c right now, but can I go on gaming with a 90c core temp ?
Ive purchased the CM X1, will only apply on gpu not rams.

Cm x1 is really good than mx2 and arctic. My cpu temps have considerably came down from 35-50 idle to 24-35 idle. On load it juggles between 41-48c.
Had applied to my gpu as well.

The stock paste was as per AMD standard, too much and badly applied.
I applied the CM X1 today, straight off the temp has fallen from 85c-90c to 70c max. Idle was always low and is the same at around 35c
Strangely though the ram chips didn't have any thermal interface. No issues though overall I'm happy, it did the job well and I can't understand why card manufacturers can't put $2 worth paste and solve their heating issues.

If everything was done by cpu and gpu mfgs., then TIM mfgs. wouldn't have been in picture or even in the line. Its business. Everybody is dependent on one another.:p

Back