OC & Modding Thermal solution for ryzen 3600??

Hey guys... As some of you might have noticed from the other thread I am going to get a ryzen 3600 from a friend. I'm giving him my ryzen 1600. And because I have a 5700xt and a 144 hz monitor my gaming needs are to maintain as high frame rates as possible. Due to which I will overclock this cpu as much as possible on asus rog strix b350f motherboard.omegle xender Could you please suggest the best thermal paste and a good air CPU cooler? I'm looking at cm master gel maker nano. And hyper 212. I couldn't find any reviews online for the combo but do you know how much difference in temps there is between the wraith spire stealth and cm 212? And how much will I be able to overclock? Will the entry level aio liquid cooler like corsair h45 perform better than 212? Thanks as always guys.

Last edited:
Hyper 212 should work well. I've used a Thermalright Macho Direct on my 3600 and never got temps crossing 58* when gaming and 62-63* in stress testing with PBO on.

Hey guys... As some of you might have noticed from the other thread I am going to get a ryzen 3600 from a friend. I'm giving him my ryzen 1600. And because I have a 5700xt and a 144 hz monitor my gaming needs are to maintain as high frame rates as possible. Due to which I will overclock this cpu as much as possible on asus rog strix b350f motherboard.omegle xender Could you please suggest the best thermal paste and a good air CPU cooler? I'm looking at cm master gel maker nano. And hyper 212. I couldn't find any reviews online for the combo but do you know how much difference in temps there is between the wraith spire stealth and cm 212? And how much will I be able to overclock? Will the entry level aio liquid cooler like corsair h45 perform better than 212? Thanks as always guys.
I have the exact same processor. Temps dropped from 85 to ~60 after thermal paste + hyper 212

Here is the link to the cooler.

Reference point to OC 3600 on our motherboard:

I have the exact same system as yours coincidently. I am using the Deepcool Gammax cooler which is amazing for my build. The thermal paste is some CM (NOT nano) brand.

I have OC'd to 4.2 all cores with STOCK voltage. (This guy has the exact same system as us, haha).

My temps as follows:
Ambient temps: less than 25 degree C at all times.

Stock cooler: Idle: 50 to 65 degree C. DX11 gaming (low CPU usage): upto 75. DX12 (high CPU usage): upto 90. Cinebench (100 percent usage): upto 95. Which means, on the stock cooler, clocks were dropping due to throttling.

Gmmax: Idle: 39 degree C. DX11: upto 50. DX12: upto 60. Cinebench: upto 67.

As you can see, the difference is huge. I am using push config on cooler, 3 intake fans, 1 rear exhaust, 1 top exhaust on case. Case is CM MB511. I have so much headroom, I can now even increase voltage and increase the OC to 4.3 or even 4.4, and I will do that if I get time .... ggghhhh...

Anyhoo, best of luck brother. I am also running a 144 hz 1080p monitor. In my experience except for e-sports title, 3600 is not a good 144 hz CPU. Its an amazing 60 to 75 hz CPU, but not more in many games. However, it shines in DX12 games due to better CPU usage of multiple cores, but I digress.

I have R5 3600 too. Idle temps at 60-70 deg and 80-90 on load. I changed stock paste to artic silver and cooler to corsair H60 but still same temps. All settings are on stock with no OC. Any help appreciated.

I have R5 3600 too. Idle temps at 60-70 deg and 80-90 on load. I changed stock paste to artic silver and cooler to corsair H60 but still same temps. All settings are on stock with no OC. Any help appreciated.
Maybe you didn't mount your cooler properly

@AjaX222 , buddy, you should start a new thread, so you can get some help. People may not even visit this thread.

Zen 2 is HOT on stock coolers. One reason is the IPC gain and the second is lack of copper in the bundled cooler (which was not the case with zen). But, its really strange that you would get the kind of temps that you are getting. I would say, clean your paste, apply it again, and mount the cooler again. This is not normal.

Back