OC & Modding Thermal tape and NVME heatsink

NeViLLe

Adept
Any suggestions for thermal tape for DIY job? nothing extravagant.. just something economical that does the job?

Also, do NVME heatsinks help? Any suggestions around that?

Also, do NVME heatsinks help? Any suggestions around that?
It will definitely help if yours is overheating. Personally, if i am going a diy route anyway, i would just cut a piece of aluminium from a heatsink lying around and use that.

Not sure if my comment helps xD

It will definitely help if yours is overheating. Personally, if i am going a diy route anyway, i would just cut a piece of aluminium from a heatsink lying around and use that.

Not sure if my comment helps xD
thanks.. I'm looking to do the same. Reuse some small and large heatsinks on the VRMs and IC chips. I also have MSI NVMe heatsink from a broken mobo that should work..

but need to get a good solution to mount it.. the msi mobo had screw mount to hold it in place.. the new asus mobo does have that..

that's why the questions around thermal tape..

Last edited:
Wait, why don't u just buy something like this instead of having to deal with cutting and all?
I'm not cutting anything here.. I have the heatsinks, just need the mounting mechanism.. hence searching for thermal tape recommendations.. maybe on amazon or flipkart.. like this https://amzn.in/d/9lm517f

But I'm not sure about these unbranded / local brands.. maybe someone here with experience can point me in the right direction

Got it. Good luck with the diy mate.

This review made me chuckle. Nice way to cool your phone :joycat:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-17-15-09-43-41_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-17-15-09-43-41_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 46
Back