Think before you buy from Snapdeal.

avi

Skilled
Snapdeals is Shopclues in the making. Lots of counterfeit goods are bring sold.

Now Dell has openly put up on their website that not to buy from Snapdeal.com:

• Snapdeal.com is not a Dell authorized reseller and Snapdeal.com is not authorized to make any representation for and on behalf of Dell products, benefits and entitlements.
• Dell products purchased from / on Snapdeal.com shall be entirely at your own risk , cost and consequences.
• Dell may not honor any representations, benefits, entitlements made on Dell products by /or Snapdeal.com.

http://www.dell.com/in/p/

Do MNC's fall under the purview of the RTI act?
If they are, then I would like to know why these companies are banning products bought from eCommerce websites.
It is almost like a cartel for the brick and mortar shops.

I think it is only because of Flipkart's dominant position have they been able to escape the ban. Snapdeal is much smaller and hence much easier to destroy.

I guess these warnings are not because snapdeal etc are selling counterfeit but they are selling at low prices vis-a-vis retailers.
I would doubt that. e-commerce improves their business, not reduce it. moreover they are against only Snapdeal. Why not say same against other sites too then?

Do MNC's fall under the purview of the RTI act?
If they are, then I would like to know why these companies are banning products bought from eCommerce websites.
It is almost like a cartel for the brick and mortar shops.

I think it is only because of Flipkart's dominant position have they been able to escape the ban. Snapdeal is much smaller and hence much easier to destroy.
No. Only Gov bodies come under RTI. They are not banning from ecommerce 'sites', they are banning only Snapdeal. And I would be more happy if Snapdeal and Shopclues gets destroyed.

I beleive @gmano said that said that all India warranty means just that, irrespective of where you buy it from, as long as you have a valid tax invoice.
@avi can probably go after them since he's already suing protocentral.

How can @avi sue Dell? He will have to buy a Dell product from SnapDeal and his warranty request needs to be rejected by Dell before he can approach the consumer court.

Can't you file a case or something for unfair trade practices? Say for example, if a dealer is selling an item above MRP, you don't necessarily have to buy the product first before you can take legal action. (I may be wrong)

I wonder why? Snapdeal must be providing the buyers with proper VAT paid bill. Then what exactly is the issue?

From Flipkart. Assume same from Amazon too.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for taking your time to write to us.

I would like to clarify that all Lenovo products sold on our website are procured from authorised vendors and hence, warranty is provided for them by Lenovo. The invoice you will receive along with your product will serve as the warranty.

In case you have any issues claiming this, you can always get back to us and we’ll certainly assist you further.

Hope this helps with your concern.

Please write back to us should you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Regards,
Phani C.
Customer Support

I beleive @gmano said that said that all India warranty means just that, irrespective of where you buy it from, as long as you have a valid tax invoice.
@avi can probably go after them since he's already suing protocentral.
Yes. If you have valid Tax invoice, you are entitled to Warranty. However problem arises when the seller is not the authorized one and has sold you a counterfeit.

btw most probably I am settling the case with proto outside the court. Its better to avoid unnecessary hassles as they are willing to settle. However they know that I am very serious about suing them in consumer court and not the kind of person they want to fck with.

Can't you file a case or something for unfair trade practices? Say for example, if a dealer is selling an item above MRP, you don't necessarily have to buy the product first before you can take legal action. (I may be wrong)

I think you can complaint about unfair practices too.

I wonder why? Snapdeal must be providing the buyers with proper VAT paid bill. Then what exactly is the issue?
What if the product is counterfeit, which is mostly the case with Snapdeal? take this for example.

Obviously, if it was counterfeit, I can understand. But a blanket warning advising not to buy any Dell product from Snapdeal is misleading. Ebay has a lot more counterfeits that most other sites put together. It would have been wiser to just advise consumers that a lot of counterfeits have been noticed on sites like snapdeal, ebay and the likes.

On a side note, what does authorized reseller mean? Does Dell or any other company approve each and every shop that is entitled to sell their products?

It has more to do with those THAI import Laptops which are sold cheaper than the same offering in open market.. These laptops comes with local warranty only if its transferred to DELL India. Now either this is a hassle for DELL or local resellers are forcing out the competition by telling DELL to eliminate such competition...

Same might be possible for Lenovo & other brands as well but its just a hypothesis...

Whats the issue with Sharp then? Surely its not profitable for Snapdeal dealers to import huge ACs, and now that they're only offering the Indian manufactured equivalents, there shouldn't be any issue about grey market pieces.

Guys snapdeal sellers wherever mentioned manufacturer warranty do give VAT paid invoice bill . I am not talking about cheap items but expensive items like LED , laptop , mobiles etc . Till date not had any problems in buying expensive items from snapdeal . Generally wherever its factory packed you can send or post the warranty card to seller and he warranty stamps it . They do not do it as all consumers prefer factory packing . The happiness you feel when tear open factory packing of any expensive item is .....;);)
Whenever people call customer care do not say that you bought from Snapdeal but the sellers invoice name

Whats the issue with Sharp then? Surely its not profitable for Snapdeal dealers to import huge ACs, and now that they're only offering the Indian manufactured equivalents, there shouldn't be any issue about grey market pieces.

Probably without proper invoice (Vat paid)....

Invoice is sometimes not provided for some items...

Back