Mac OS Thinking about installing Mac OS along with windows

GODMODE09

Adept
Aug 22, 2012
Hi ,
I have an i5 3550 with 8GB ram and 120 GB SSD with 500GB external harddrive and AMD 6670 1gb graphic card
I want to try and get used to mac OS in my PC. I really like ios7 and want to use apple OS for my PC too.
I just use it to browse the web , download movies and other stuff .
I don't use any widows exclusive software that I can't live without.

1. Can I install apple OS and have Win 7 too ?
2. Is it better to have only one OS ?
3. Do I have to purchase genuine Mac OS ( I can spend 1-2k , no problem).
4. Will it run flawlessly and fully functional just like it runs on apple laptops ?
5. Can it support my 27-inch 2560x1440p monitor ?

Please give me some tips and advice.
Thanks in advance.

mrnikhilsudo

Disciple
Jan 4, 2011
Yes to everyone one of those questions. It won't run exactly like a mac but it will run near identical to one of you use clover efi bootloader.
What are your system specs? Post it here

GODMODE09

Adept
Aug 22, 2012
Intel i5 3550@3.3ghz
2x4gb RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
500GB WD External harddisk
AMD 6670 1GB graphic card

I want to keep win 7 too.

GODMODE09

Adept
Aug 22, 2012
Gigabyte GAB75. Can I install Mac OS too in my 120GB SSD?
Looks like I need to clean my SSD. only 20GB left off 120gb

Desitron

Recruit
Jul 11, 2014
For smooth installation of any hackintosh distros you need Intel processor and if you have graphics card make sure it is Nvidia. The best distro that i have been using since 10.5.8 that is since Leopard days is iaktos made by team uphuck this is only team around since hackintosh started and issues during installing and configuring is also minimal compared to other distros

realmo

Recruit
Jul 7, 2014
For smooth installation of any hackintosh distros you need Intel processor and if you have graphics card make sure it is Nvidia. The best distro that i have been using since 10.5.8 that is since Leopard days is iaktos made by team uphuck this is only team around since hackintosh started and issues during installing and configuring is also minimal compared to other distros

The GPU doesn't necessarily be a nVidia GPU, certain AMD ones will be fine too.

Google for Hackintosh, the first link will give you most of the hardware requirements.

Desitron

Recruit
Jul 11, 2014
Ah well I been doing this from 2006 since the days of Tiger from my personal experience with Nvidia installing , configuring and driver issues and kernel patches the time and work needed are reduced to a great extent since newbies will also prefer easy and smooth installation which is why i suggested nvidia but those who have ample amount of time can go ahead with AMD

mrnikhilsudo

Disciple
Jan 4, 2011
Ah well I been doing this from 2006 since the days of Tiger from my personal experience with Nvidia installing , configuring and driver issues and kernel patches the time and work needed are reduced to a great extent since newbies will also prefer easy and smooth installation which is why i suggested nvidia but those who have ample amount of time can go ahead with AMD
Yup you are right. But with Apple going all Amd for the new Macpros, AMD cards are all working out of the box right now and so are nvidias. Only the r280 or 290 (i dont know which one) has a bit of a problem right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1405090748][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and forget tonymac. Better to use Cloverefi bootloader. It gives you the recoery partition and tools too. almost true mac experience and you can run windoes in efi mode from the bootloader itself.

Reactions: Soyab0007

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
For a beginner I would always suggest to go with Tonymac. Clover is a b**ch.[DOUBLEPOST=1405182731][/DOUBLEPOST]For a beginner I would always suggest to go with Tonymac. Clover is a b**ch

Last edited:

mrnikhilsudo

Disciple
Jan 4, 2011
For a beginner I would always suggest to go with Tonymac. Clover is a b**ch.[DOUBLEPOST=1405182731][/DOUBLEPOST]For a beginner I would always suggest to go with Tonymac. Clover is a b**ch
Agreed. You need to know what you are doing with Clover. However that being said there are enough guides out there to get it up and running with either clover or chameleon. I will be adding one soon too. Just got windows working with Bootcamp on clover. The irony of the entire thing is that applebootcamp drivers work perfectly for AMD switchable graphics whereas windows and hp drivers suck b@!!$.