Budget 15-20K Thinking of buying the lg 8x.........

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Feeling like buying the lg 8x just for the heck of it [emoji12][emoji4]
As it is i like LG phones tbh.

Was wondering if you great folks can suggest when there will be the next sale on these.
Plus do share about best option to grab it via 0 percent EMI now or in the sale.
Any ans all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

User reviews are bad. A couple of friends bought it during the sale and are regretting. I did not ask for specifics.
There is nothing to regret about it at that price point. The price to value equation is very good for it.
Like the OP wants to, I picked it on a whim as I found it available for 20K as a secondary phone.

Currently it is getting more timepass use than my primary.
Runs reasonably fast, the camera is better than pretty much any phone in that price range, the second screen come in handy every once in a while (esp for sites that don't render well on a phone and would have otherwise required reaching out for the laptop)

If not for the LG, i would have ended up upgrading the primary this year that would have cost me far more - so I am certainly a happy camper

There is nothing to regret about it at that price point. The price to value equation is very good for it.
Like the OP wants to, I picked it on a whim as I found it available for 20K as a secondary phone.

Currently it is getting more timepass use than my primary.
Runs reasonably fast, the camera is better than pretty much any phone in that price range, the second screen come in handy every once in a while (esp for sites that don't render well on a phone and would have otherwise required reaching out for the laptop)

If not for the LG, i would have ended up upgrading the primary this year that would have cost me far more - so I am certainly a happy camper
My idea as well
My primary is always an iPhone
Its been 2 years since I upgraded my secondary/personal one...
Hence thought of giving this a go as a toy [emoji12]
But will only buy via emi this time { if new } for a change

Or may be just may be slightly used in warranty at an utterly handsome price from the ones who bought it at 19k from fk

I also bought it for 20k, the camera, design, and the power is much better than oppo mi phones, but the flip case is a fail if you ask me. The device only without flip screen case is worth buyung for 20k. Nobody's giving sd855 at this price point like you said. Also the sound quality is amazing with provided headphones.

My idea as well
My primary is always an iPhone
Its been 2 years since I upgraded my secondary/personal one...
Hence thought of giving this a go as a toy [emoji12]
But will only buy via emi this time { if new } for a change

Or may be just may be slightly used in warranty at an utterly handsome price from the ones who bought it at 19k from fk
Yeah , same here
I am on a 3 year old ipX and cannot switch to android 100% for several reasons (and not that I want to either)
I was waiting for ip12 but then this deal came along..

By the time the 12 came out, I felt I can comfortably squeeze another year out of the ipX coz this g8x is anyway filling the gap..

It should function well even as a primary for most users as long as one isn't nitpicking (in which case they should not be on android anyway :tearsofjoy:)
As a secondary , it is downright brilliant

Yeah , same here
I am on a 3 year old ipX and cannot switch to android 100% for several reasons (and not that I want to either)
I was waiting for ip12 but then this deal came along..

By the time the 12 came out, I felt I can comfortably squeeze another year out of the ipX coz this g8x is anyway filling the gap..

It should function well even as a primary for most users as long as one isn't nitpicking (in which case they should not be on android anyway :tearsofjoy:)
As a secondary , it is downright brilliant
Awesome
Lets hope you guys will help me land a deal especially via emi...
So @ All please do help

I just can't understand the superiority complex of the iPhone users in India!! You still use a phone with the ugliest display, it still doesn't have a proper file manager!! And if you don't have a Mac, many of the truly wonderful features won't work.
No headphone jack but BT is limited to AAC!!
I was a long term iphone user ( from 4 to 8)
Apple is possibly the only company who couldn't reduce the size of that ugly notch for 4/5 generations.
I use a dirt cheap Chinese mobile phone but without any notch / punch hole and as a normal user it works just as an iphone would except it has a genuinely good DAC AMP inside for wired audio.
And if you're in India and buying iphone from India, you're just burning money.
For me personally, if I go back to Mac again, possibly then only I will buy an iphone (higher end Samsung phones are more expensive than iphones in where I live, but I still refuse to buy one, as the notch is ridiculous)
8X is more than capable of being a primary phone unless you play COD mobile etc. all day!!

I just can't understand the superiority complex of the iPhone users in India!! You still use a phone with the ugliest display, it still doesn't have a proper file manager!! And if you don't have a Mac, many of the truly wonderful features won't work.
Apple is possibly the only company who couldn't reduce the size of that ugly notch for 4/5 generations.
I use a dirt cheap Chinese mobile phone but without any notch / punch hole and as a normal user it works just as an iphone would except it has a genuinely good DAC AMP inside for wired audio.
For me personally, if I go back to Mac again, possibly then only I will buy an iphone (higher end Samsung phones are more expensive than iphones in where I live, but I still refuse to buy one, as the notch is ridiculous)
8X is more than capable of being a primary phone unless you play COD mobile etc. all day!!
Well i dont have any aversion or undue preference for either iphone or android.
Been using iphone and android together since past 10 years may be...
Both have their own USPs

So mate if you were referring to me in any way which I don't think you were, I am no fan boy..

LOL i consider such fanboyism laughable.

I like to root my Android and play with them to the fullest though didn't root my last android until recently ( 2 years I waited lol)... On the other hand office mail and office calls are done using iphone just for the sake of uniformity and to a certain extent security....

Still I like both android and apple... Lol still have as ma t as 8 or 12 android phones and 3 iphones...

When I had bought my first lg i was blown by its utterly clean white screen and such nice interface... Hence bought so many lg flagships and wish to buy the 8x purely coz its an LG Secondly I am fascinated by the dual screen and i am kinna impressed with the genuine reviews and all...

What superiority complex?
It's a simple preference..

Am I expected to feel superior over others because I tote a 3 year old phone which is probably worth 25K today?

@JMak - I would suggest you wait for a device with X1 core from a tier 2 / 3 brand. Browsing and gaming will be smoother for many more years than on a 855.

OT: I was so tempted to buy the S21 Ultra with the fixed Exynos processor at 85K (pre-order).
Marketing these days is almost scientifically designed to invoke impulse purchases.

I just can't understand the superiority complex of the iPhone users in India!!
As a long term Android user who laughed at iDevices, I am thinking of switching now. Primary phones aren't used for just browsing and communication anymore. Financial transactions, identity and travel are increasingly dependent on mobiles. Google & Android's 2 year planned obsolescence exacerbated by delayed security updates can put one at significant risk.

Additionally, apple seems to be the only company with any interest in protecting user data, Samsung replicated their pricing and product strategy but are ruining customer experience with ads and preloaded data miners like Facebook et al.

Phones of this generation like PCs a few years ago have started hitting point of diminishing returns. Screens reached limits of visual acuity, processing power and data transfer speed is more than enough for activities done on a touch screen device. Investing in a flagship with a long support period makes more sense now than ever.

iPhones will become much cheaper in India now that production lines are ramping up, for all models including 12.
Halo around it should start to fade I suppose.

Back