This geonix website dealing in computer parts has funny terms and conditions

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
See these:

The following EXCEPTIONS and RULES apply to our 7-days Exchange Policy​

All items to be exchanged must be unused and should be in their original condition with all tags and packaging intact (e.g., shoes must be packed in the original shoe box)......

We offer a pick-up facility in selected locations based on our courier serviceability. If you select to schedule a pick-up, please place the product(s) in a packet. The product(s) must be unused, unwashed, and all the tags should be intact. Once your product is picked, the exchange process will be initiated within 24-48 business hours. A new product in the size you requested will be dispatched to you in the following 48-72 business hours.

Please note that if the exchange size is not available at our warehouse, we will contact you to convert your exchange into store credit or refund, as per your preference.
In case you face any size issue with the exchanged product as well, please note that we will not provide a further exchange.
Seems like they copied from some apparel website. lol. Wonder who will wash the hard disk or other computer parts. :oops:

B

BullettuPaandi

Searching google for these quotes show multiple websites using identical T&C. I guess they all use some tool like this.
Wonder who will wash the hard disk or other computer parts.
Those who want to really wipe the data.

Reactions: 6pack

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
If they can't bother to write their own terms and conditions, i wonder how they'll manage the manufacture, sales and returns. Everything must be half assed in that company. Buy refurbished drives in bulk without sticker, make own sticker in India, paste sticker on hdd and sell to customers and if there's a problem - forget the customers exist.

Reactions: chyawanprash

letmein

Skilled
Oct 11, 2009
Delhi
Man, I'm really out of touch with the hardware scene because this is the first time I'm hearing of them. Despite them being based out of Nehru Place, Delhi.

Also, can someone tell me what a breakable SSD is? First time I'm hearing this term and google doesn't seem to return much.

B

BullettuPaandi

Also, can someone tell me what a breakable SSD is? First time I'm hearing this term and google doesn't seem to return much.
Seems like you can break those empty plastic off for a compact sized one. Like nano SIM in a regular one, except the nano SIM can be put back in the larger housing and used; here it looks like if one breaks it, there's no going back. So, not much of a feature for us.