Budget 30-40k Thoughts on buying Pixel 6A from Flipkart

agentmilo

Disciple
I was looking for compact phones with decent camera, and found only Pixel phones (and the yet to be released Asus Zenphone 9) to be the only viable models. What are you thoughts on buying one from Flipkart, with regards to warranty (if / when needed), reliability etc?

I was looking for compact phones with decent camera, and found only Pixel phones (and the yet to be released Asus Zenphone 9) to be the only viable models. What are you thoughts on buying one from Flipkart, with regards to warranty (if / when needed), reliability etc?
Flipkart is cancelling items that was ordered during the recent sales and also scheduling refunds for a week and more. Please be aware of that before ordering big value items on flipkart.

Because they relied on third-party sellers who either didn't have the stock or didn't want to ship at the sale price.

Lot more difficult when you don't sell yourself.
I don't think FK does any background checking for third party sellers. It is FK which gets the flak, EOD.
They don't want to learn from their mistakes is another issue.

A friend is selling his Pixel 6A for 27k to me, used for couple weeks. I've been seeing a lot of issues with this phone but I'm really taken by the compact design- there really isn't anything else on the market. A situation where I might need warranty is also an issue.

Anyone using Pixel here and had to avail warranty? How did it go? Is it possible in India?

A friend is selling his Pixel 6A for 27k to me, used for couple weeks. I've been seeing a lot of issues with this phone but I'm really taken by the compact design- there really isn't anything else on the market. A situation where I might need warranty is also an issue.

Anyone using Pixel here and had to avail warranty? How did it go? Is it possible in India?
I heard that one has to courier their pixel phone to Bangalore as they do not have service centers across the country. Verify this once.

I got the Pixel 6a on FK during Diwali sale and very happy with it. Upgraded from a Pixel 4a. Works smoothly, and has good battery life for everyday use. The camera is fantastic as always.

I got the Pixel 6a on FK during Diwali sale and very happy with it. Upgraded from a Pixel 4a. Works smoothly, and has good battery life for everyday use. The camera is fantastic as always.
Damn, I'm so tempted to get this phone but held back by the negative reviews which are quite scary. It would be like throwing 35k away.

Who is the POC for when you might need warranty? Do you get any info in the packaging?

Damn, I'm so tempted to get this phone but held back by the negative reviews which are quite scary. It would be like throwing 35k away.

Who is the POC for when you might need warranty? Do you get any info in the packaging?
You have to raise it through Google Support and it gets routed to B2X with whom you have to check again manually as they simply don't directly respond to the request created with Google.

Also, service is top-notch under warranty but you will be completely screwed once warranty is over as B2X is known to find additional issues and provide an inflated quotation when out of warranty, with a simple take it or leave it option, besides not owning to any damages they might do to the device when opening it up.

Given my experience with 4a, I personally would not recommend a Pixel device to anyone.

Apart from the poor battery life, which I can live with, this is the most buggy Android experience I've had on my 5 Android phones in total. I had thought that coming straight from Google, it would be the exact opposite, i.e., almost bug free stock android. Instead what I get are two new bugs every month when they release an update, which will stay for 2-3 months. An issue, recent buttons not working with third party launchers, took over 9 months to fix despite there being hundreds of complaints online.

My wife's Xiaomi phone is so much more stable, hardly encounters any bugs. This was a complete waste of 10k because I could have gotten an equivalent Xiaomi phone for 16k.

Which local store ? I did not realize they were sold offline.
Its no big name store- I went to a shop nearby to see options in person, and they had a couple 6As in stock. They don't offer warranty or any kind of servicing, but offered to get a newer manufactured one from Blore next week. 33k for white.

Its no big name store- I went to a shop nearby to see options in person, and they had a couple 6As in stock. They don't offer warranty or any kind of servicing, but offered to get a newer manufactured one from Blore next week. 33k for white.
Hmm .. are they selling the new with warranty ? If not, better to get it online with 1 year of warranty and peace of mind ?

Last edited:
Yeah I've been considering doing that. I've not paid them yet. Been trying to bargain with them to get it to 30k.

Maybe I might do as you suggested, as Amazon has 2 additional plans that might be better than the local store.

Back